Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

strausd

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
Texas
I kind of wish it was 720p for performance
But I'm no hardware engineer

Personal preference really. On the Nexus 4 I can see pixels in certain areas. And the general consensus from reviewers is that 1080 adds a little more sharpness. And since it is looking to be a Nexus 5 and a 5" screen, stretching out 720 even further would just make pixelation worse.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I'm worried about the physical size.

The lg g2 is pushing it for me already. I hope its not bigger.

I was hoping to avoid a case at the lg g2's size.

Agreed. I want smaller. I'll get the x phone if this is the case =\

Or dare I say go back to an iPhone

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011

I can stick it out with the one until next year I think now that I found the Swipe Home app. It makes up for HTC's incompetence to some degree.

Updates will still suck though.

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
I heavily considered a Nexus 4 last year and would consider it as a secondary phone even right now because of the cheap price and fast software updates. My improvements on the Nexus 4 (2013 refresh) is as follows -

-Bigger battery

-Better camera

-32 GB option

-Stronger glass on back or anything non-glass that prevents cracking and shatter. Even Kevlar or a soft rubbery touch of the Xperia ZR would be fine.

-Improve external speaker volume

If we are going to see it based on LG G2, then we know Snapdragon 800 is coming for the next Nexus whether called Nexus 4 or likely the Nexus 5.

Seems like the SoC correlates with the screen sizes. Almost every Snapdragon 800 going to be released I see is in phablet territory with the exception of the S4+ variant catered to Korea.

Snapdragon
400 - 4.3 inches, 1.2-1.4 GHz
Pro - 4.5-5 inches, 1.5 GHz
600 - 4.7-5 inches, 1.7-1.9 GHz
800 - 5+ inches, 1.9-2.3 GHz

I personally live with the same form factor of the current Nexus 4 but change the back panel with stronger materials. And I can live with a Snapdragon 600 since that seems to be more battery efficient than the S4 Pro found on the current Nexus 4 and Xperia Z.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
I'm worried about the physical size.

The lg g2 is pushing it for me already. I hope its not bigger.

I was hoping to avoid a case at the lg g2's size.

LG G2 is too big for my tastes as well--it's bigger than the One.

Well, there are rumors of a Moto built Nexus as well so maybe we're actually going to get 2 Nexus phones this year--one closer to phablet size and a smaller version similar in size to he Moto X. If not, I'll also likely be sticking with my One.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
I can stick it out with the one until next year I think now that I found the Swipe Home app. It makes up for HTC's incompetence to some degree.

Updates will still suck though.

On the HTC One at least you have a capacitive home button. Double tap to multitask is more simple than the gestures of the app. I think the app is more useful for those who have hardware home buttons like me with the SGS3.

I would prefer using the capacitive home button on the One than the gestures.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
On the HTC One at least you have a capacitive home button. Double tap to multitask is more simple than the gestures of the app. I think the app is more useful for those who have hardware home buttons like me with the SGS3.

I would prefer using the capacitive home button on the One than the gestures.

I respectfully disagree, though I am happy you find the app equally useful on the S series. I would too if I had a physical home button.

But I actually think the app is even more suited for the One. The blank HTC logo is just wasted space. Now, I can gesture from there to do a number of different things. It's a really nice "central" point of interaction, so to speak. It's what it should've been in the first place (ahem, HTC).

The Home button on the far right is awkward to press and I've only gotten used to it simply because I had no choice before Swipe Home came around. Double tapping it to get to recent apps isn't always reliable either. Sometimes, it'll just think I've tapped it once and actually go home. This can get a little frustrating.

Plus, the Swipe Up-Down gesture Binded to the app Screen Off & Lock makes turning off my device such an easy motion. And I can do it from anywhere, any app, any time. I love it.

I seriously feel like I'm doing magic tricks on my One whenever I use these gestures. =)

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
Translation? That tweet has me confused. LOL.

So what everyone is assuming is the Nexus 5 is actually the LG? And the actual Nexus 5 is a Motorola? Have I got it?

I think so

I believe people were thinking the device pictured was going to be the nexus 5, but it's just some other lg phone. then he says moto may be involved without providing evidence.

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
I think so

I believe people were thinking the device pictured was going to be the nexus 5, but it's just some other lg phone. then he says moto may be involved without providing evidence.

Thanks. That tweet reads like Greek until you read it a few times and then it starts to make sense. LOL.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
We now have rumors from two historically reliable sources (wimberly and evleaks) that say a Motorola nexus is coming.

I'm feeling good about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.