What do you will happen with tethering when the iPhone 4 jailbreak comes out?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Slip Jigs, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Slip Jigs macrumors 6502a

EDIT: title should read, "What do you THINK will happen...". Sorry.

With the iPad wifi, I finally have a reason to use tethering. I haven't done it yet because I personally don't want to jailbreak. I would rather be legit.

But we all know that the new data plans are arse-backwards, you have to give up unlimited data to tether, which is of course a situation where you're going to use more data.

In the past, everyone had unlimited data, and even tho jailbreaking and tethering weren't supported, at least no one was technically not breaking any data rules. But now, the situation is different. So, if we tether with the jailbreak method and keep the unlimited plan, do you think there will be issues?

2. fastblack macrumors regular

3. woofermazing macrumors member

Steve Jobs will come to your house and beat you with an Apple II keyboard.

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

He's not asking about Jailbreaking. He's asking about breaking his contract with AT&T (or whoever).

The answer is that they don't seem to be cracking down on stuff like this so it'll probably be fine. But no one can predict the future.

5. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

It will probably be fine. If worst comes to worst they will charge you some fee for tethering.

6. Slip Jigs thread starter macrumors 6502a

Exactly. I wouldn't have a problem with jailbreaking in and and of itself. But tethering with unlimited data is basically stealing at that point, now that the plans have changed. In that sense, I won't do it, but it is still sort of a grey area.