What dock will allow me to do this --->

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Drag'nGT, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

I have the Macessity stand with 4 powered USB's on the side. I have the Griffin Simplifi dock plugged into the powered USB and to the wall adapter that comes with it. It has power for crying out loud and yet the damn thing won't charge my iphone or any ipod. It's basically a fancy memory card reader at the moment.

I have asked every electronics store I know and I even called Griffin to show my disdain about all this only to be told they didn't sell what I want.

Is there a dock that can charge my phone when my computer is off and sync when I dock and the computer is on? I can live without the card reader... I guess.

2. Drag'nGT thread starter macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

That won't work either. I need it to have a power cord that charges it and a USB cable to sync.

I wouldn't think it's that hard but apparently it is.

3. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

yeah it's called the wall charger + dock

4. Drag'nGT thread starter macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

:mad::mad::mad: Why is it hard to grasp that I want the USB plugged into the stand and it still charge with the comp off. I need a dock that has a power cord that works to fully power the dock when the computer is off with a separate usb for syncing.

5. thekaus macrumors newbie

While it's not a true dock, my JBL onstage II charges my iPhone via its own power supply, but also syncs when the computer is on. However, it would need a converter to charge the iPhone 3G.

6. TechIsCool macrumors member

Theoretically speaking this should be simple all you would have to do is

[​IMG]