What does 1.1.2 have?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Arisian, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

Anyone know what the actual perceived/listed benifit of 1.1.2 is. If you were a person whom hadn't hacked your ipod, what would you notice about 1.1.2?

I'm not planning on updating but I, like alot of people, would really like to know why release 1.1.2 if this isnt really anything being updated (other than the obvious 'security updates' and vagueries that Apple is known for).

Arisian

ps:
    I dont think vagueries is a word, but I used it anyways :) I hope you understand what Im TRYING to say.

thanks

2. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

"Vagueries" is something people actually kind of say a lot, but no, it's not a word. It comes from people confusing 'vaguenesses' with "'vagaries.' Unfortunately for people who want "vagueries" to be a word, 'vagaries' has a very different meaning.

3. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Vagaries: An unexpected or inexplicable change in a situation or someone's behavior.

Sounds close enough to work.

4. Arisian thread starter macrumors 68000

Arisian

how did I know adding that would actually lead to no one answering my question :D hahaha

haha, yeah... i found vagary in ms word spellcheck, but didnt seem like what I was trying to say...

5. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

As for the original question:
    There's probably not really much you're going to notice about 1.1.2. It may be faster or more stable or have some small changes/fixes, but I can't say first-hand yet. In terms of features, unless you're French or German, there haven't really been any noteworthy features reported.

6. Remixen macrumors member

There are absolutely some noticeable changes, most of them bug fixes though.

- Music doesn't crash when you run safari anymore.
    - Pictures are shown as happenings, if you have iphoto´08
    - calender is fixed, you can now ad a new happening.
    - Generally faster, faster start..
    - Sounds like the sound is louder and richer
    - Pinching photos works better..
    - + plenty I don´t bother to write:p

7. JWest macrumors 6502

It certainly seems faster/smoother to me. It has fewer bugs as well. I'm not really missing any hacked apps (except mail), but if I get to sad with an unhacked touch I can always downgrade back to 1.1.1
    Hopefully the folks who hacked 1.1.2 will release the hack to the public soon...