What does apple care cover???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by UmaThurman, Nov 11, 2007.

1. UmaThurman macrumors regular

UmaThurman

My C2D mbp fro last october has been having some weird battery issues (dropping chare, going from 100% health to 60-70% when off teh adapter) and when i call applecare twice they say that they can't do anything about it w/o charging me. What does applecare cover exactly then??? Why did i even buy this warranty?

2. FocusAndEarnIt macrumors 601

FocusAndEarnIt

Wait, wait, wait. You bought this in October 2006?

You only have a year of warranty, mate! After that's up, you're on your own.

3. Tumeg101 macrumors 6502a

Tumeg101

Not unless he bought applecare...

4. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

He says he bought the extended warranty though....did you register the warranty?

5. m3the01 macrumors member

What do u mean register the warranty?

I bought online, i would assume the warranty should be registered at time of purchase.

6. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

He said he bought it. Frankly, I think Applecare is worthless. Yes, I said it. I always decline - its actually CHEAPER to get real insurance coverage, no sending it off to be fixed, you get a brand new laptop if it breaks, gets stolen or spilled on. Screw dealing with Apple when you can replace your stolen laptop at a $100 deductible.

7. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

No it is not. You have to follow the instructions on the Applecare box to register it. That would suck if you hadn't registered it and it lapsed since then.

8. UmaThurman thread starter macrumors regular

UmaThurman

Sorry y'all. Yes i did register it, i go the letter int he mail with my apple care coverage # and stuff. I'm on the line with someone right now (who is much nicer than the last woman i talked to) and she is seeing if she can get it replaced. The woman i talked to before told me applcare didn't cover batteries and that i'd have to pay a charge. hopefully this lady will help me out.

9. comptr macrumors 65816

are you sure about that I bought a macbook pro on apple.com in February of this year and also bought apple care when I go to apple support site and enter in my sn it says I have apple care but I never got a apple care box someone at the apple store told me that when you order a computer form apple.com you don't get a apple care box. is this true and if it isn't what do I do to get my apple care box I still have the online receipt showing I bought apple care along with the laptop.

10. ebel3003 macrumors 6502a

ebel3003

Computers purchased with AppleCare from the online Apple Store are automatically registered at the time of purchase.

11. m3the01 macrumors member

Yeah cause i never got a box or anything with my purchase online from apple.

12. triddent222 macrumors regular

She's right...kinda. AppleCare covers damaged batteries. Old, Dying batteries are not covered. The first woman most likely misunderstood your issue, since your battery is probably faulty.

13. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

im with you. i bought applecare with my macbook last spring. i didn't receive a box or anything with the computer. so i called apple and told them this and the guy said that my applecare was already up and running and that i wouldn't be receiving a box for this.