What does Apple have against all-day events?

bbplayer5

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 13, 2007
Why would the notification panel not show these events? 90% of my important events are all day. This is baffling to me.

Is there any calendar app in the store with a widget that will show these?

afsnyder

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Why would the notification panel not show these events? 90% of my important events are all day. This is baffling to me.

No idea. Pretty annoying but not a bug, I don't get it.

soniasim

macrumors regular
May 1, 2008
I believe Apple is doing this on purpose, in order to force you to buy another app - since they get money from app purchases. All Apple apps are too simplistic, Reminders, Camera etc...
I doubt they'll ever offer in their own apps all the features you can find in paid apps in the App Store.

dsh3

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2012
Denmark
Sorry if it's written somewhere (if so, I can't find it), but does Agenda+ take you to the stock apps when tapping the widgets?

crookadile

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2013
Rotherham South Yorkshire UK

It was the same in iOS 7.
I sent a number of requests for this to be re-introduced and was hoping for it to be put back in iOS 8.
Since iOS 8 was introduced I have again sent feedback to Apple. :rolleyes:

I am not going to be holding my breath though, I firmly believe that Apple totally ignore feedback and don't give a damn about their customers.

PMR

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2007
Portugal (Google it)
Sorry if it's written somewhere (if so, I can't find it), but does Agenda+ take you to the stock apps when tapping the widgets?
You can edit and interact with the widget, it opens an app replica to add/edit reminders and events. You can see event details within the widget. Just give it full access to the calendar app

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Jan 25, 2009
It's quite annoying, but I've been setting manually for 22 hours all the events I want in a single event. Commas power.

Solver

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
USA
I wonder if multiple events isn't patented by someone, as Microsoft does the same thing on Windows Phone.
If true, wouldn't that mean that the vast majority of these other calendar apps that use this common sense feature are blatantly breaking patent law?

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
If true, wouldn't that mean that the vast majority of these other calendar apps that use this common sense feature are blatantly breaking patent law?
Yes. But my experience blatantly violating trademarks in one of my apps has taught me that no one really cares unless you have a lot of money. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.