What Does Art Rage Have ...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pimentoLoaf, Mar 16, 2009.

1. pimentoLoaf macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

... that Photoshop CS3 doesn't?

MacMall has a special offer: buy it, mail in a rebate, and get your money back. Essentially they are offering a free program.

Is it worth the hassle?

2. InkMaster macrumors 6502a

Doubt it has anything that Photoshop doesn't have, but for free, why not get a copy...

3. aresinferno macrumors regular

Not 100% sure as I can't see the offer but is this an app called art rage or ArtRage? Last time I checked artrage 2 was for people with graphics tablets or touchscreens. I used it on my old windows tablet hybrid and it was like a digital paint brush. Paints would merge together as you paint if in the same layer. They could be really thick or you could have alot of thinner and male it watery. You could smooth out thick paint. Your paint brush even gets dry after a while. It's very good and I did an art exam with it.

Either this is andifferent art rage or it is the same and is nothing like photoshop. It's a whole different experience.

It is very cheap and has a free version which doesn't have much less than the paid version.

4. adrian.oconnor macrumors 6502

aresinfo is right, though you don't need a graphics tablet to use it. It looks like the version on MacMall is just a boxed version of the program that you can download and try/buy from http://www.ambientdesign.com/. I suggest you try the demo.

I played around with it on Windows some years ago and it's a lot of fun. And it's nothing at all like Photoshop.

5. pimentoLoaf thread starter macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

6. alainr macrumors regular

macmall coupon is only for $20, but ad says it is free

the mac mall coupons for art rage good thru july are or $10 or $20 and artrage deluxe costs $30, but the ad says it is free after $30 rebate.
    as rebate form maxes out at $20, any ideas how to get it for free?