what does erase and sync actually erase ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by anonymous4a, Oct 11, 2014.

1. anonymous4a macrumors 6502

I connected my iphone to itunes today and it says its synced to another itunes..so it needs to erase and sync. What do I actually lose from erase and sync, will all my photos, contacts, apps be intact ?

2. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

3. anonymous4a thread starter macrumors 6502

I read the link, so the erase and sync only deletes media ? music and videos ? I actually don't have any music and videos to begin with on my iphone.. does that mean that everything will remain intact ?

4. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

I'm not sure since that hasn't happened to me :confused:

Don't want to give you wrong information, just wanted to provide you with the article I found while I was searching for an answer for you.

Hope someone sees the thread that has had that happened and can answer it directly :)

5. anonymous4a thread starter macrumors 6502

anyone else know if I only lose music and movies from doing an erase and sync ?

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Depends. Was your iphone ever synced with another computer? If so, what was synced to the iPhone from that computer?

7. anonymous4a thread starter macrumors 6502

no, my iphone was never synced to another computer.. thats why its weird i'm getting this message. I've only synced my iphone with one computer and suddenly this message popped up..