What does "first come, first serve" mean?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Amacfa, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Amacfa macrumors 65816

Amacfa

Well I pre-ordered two WHITE iPhone 4's....because I highly doubt Best Buy will be getting them I'm just going to pre-order black ones as backup.

If for some reason that fails. I plan to wait in line at an apple store. If it says "First come, First serve" does that mean that they have stock reserved for people waiting in line? ie. the first 50 people?

2. auero macrumors 65816

First of all, it says that white will be unavailable for preorder or reserve so you have no chance of that. First come first serve means exactly what it says, first person to get there is the first to be helped regardless of if you have a reservation.

3. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

They will have a line for pre-orders to pick up and one for walk-ins. Pre-orders are guaranteed til the end of the day, but walk-ins may have to line up early because supply may be limited.

4. advan031 macrumors 6502

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

First-come First-Served means just that. Depending on location, some stores will have a higher stock of none reserved phones, but no one knows exactly how many, so it'll be wise to arrive early.

6. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

It means that if they have 50 reservations and 100 phones, your phone will be waiting for you even after they run out of the remaining. But if they have 50 reservations and 25 phones, whoever is in line first (and has a reservation) gets their phone and they will call you when they get the other 25.

7. FrazzledRazz macrumors newbie

Well if you ordered in store today from AT&T, the policy is "first come, last served".

8. imkingofjungle macrumors member

ROFL

9. Jizzles macrumors regular

Think of it as black Fridays worthwhile door busters. If you want it you go real early to try to get a ticket for that item. Come too late and you're SOL.