What Does "Ignore" Do?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by AmazingHenry, Dec 5, 2016.

1. AmazingHenry macrumors 65816

AmazingHenry

OK, this is a really stupid question, but, what does the "Ignore" button do? If I ignore a user, what happens? Do I not see their posts or something?

Thanks.

2. Goatllama macrumors 6502a

Goatllama

Correct! Their posts will be hidden and there will be a little button that says "show hidden posts?" or something to the like, and then you will get curious about the hidden posts and end up reading the abrasive person's posts anyways and remembering why you ignored them and then suddenly you have over 1000 ignored people on your list and the site says it can't handle anymore, captain.

3. AmazingHenry thread starter macrumors 65816

AmazingHenry

Thanks very much. Sounds kinda pointless, and if someone wants to ask you a question on a thread you won't see it. But I'll probably use it anyway. Thanks again.

4. Goatllama macrumors 6502a

Goatllama

I've only used it once, and after giving a person many many chances to prove that they could contribute worthwhile input. Sadly, they were a very broken record and, to my knowledge, still are. :D

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

It seems the idea there is that it would be used for someone from whom you don't really want to see anything, be it a question, a comment, or anything else.

6. sim667 macrumors 65816

The ignore function doesn't work on tapatalk though, so if you mainly use that to post, its pointless.