What does Microsoft Install along with Office 2011?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by M. Malone, Feb 15, 2012.

1. M. Malone macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

Hello,

It seems I have no choice but to install Microsoft Office into my Mac :(

My issue is what ELSE installs along with it? I'm pretty obsessive with wanting software to be contained within its folder and I have a feeling MSFT will try to slip in some other things I have no need for.

Thanks,

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It only installs things related to MS Office, and Office for Mac works extremely well. I use it daily.

3. M. Malone thread starter macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

Thank you.

Are you using Lion? And are you happy with the compatibility?

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Compatibility with what? I've used Lion, but my primary Mac is still on Leopard. Lion doesn't have anything I need.

5. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

The only thing that suffers form compatibility issues (On Lion anyway) is Outlook, but it's well documented on the MS site. Word, PP, and Excel all work well under Lion.

I too was forced to install it in order to keep compatibility with Windows users, I would not have done so were this not the case. Having said that, Word beats Pages into a pulp IMO.

6. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

I have Microsoft Office 2011 installed on my PC running Snow Leopard. Everything that is related to the installation is kept within the Microsoft Office folder in your Applications directory.

7. fat jez macrumors 68000

fat jez

remote desktop and Messenger get installed too. But you can customise what is installed down to the bare minimum.