what does mobile me do? and is it worth it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nicholas.C, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Nicholas.C macrumors 6502a

I'm thinking about buying mobile me, but I am not sure if I should buy it or not?

Can anyone tell me the pros and the cons of Mme?

2. Samarium macrumors 6502a

Samarium

I don't want to be rude at all but please use the search button or MRoogle on my signature. Cheers.:)

3. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

get it

I love it you can backup almost all your files read them on your phone or any other device.:apple:

4. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

I think it is great for the most part. Nice to be able to look at the cloud and get my email, contacts, calendar. etc. Plus you get 20gb of storage.

5. pilotkid macrumors 6502a

What I like is when adding contacts into the address book on my mac it sync's my iPhone also, same goes for adding calender entries into iCal....now is it worth it? For me its just one of those things I really don't want to spend money on(especially since I don't use a @me email account) so I just kinda enter in my credit card info for auto renew so I don't know when its going to happen!:D. Whats nice is my current year was up in August but since apple had all the problems in the beginning transferring .mac into me I got my year extended tell mid November!:p

6. Ninja Dom macrumors 6502

Ninja Dom

I got a Mobile Me account in August 2008. It allows me to:

1) Synchronize my contacts and calendar between my iPhone and my Mac wirelessly. So if I put a calendar entry or new contact on my iPhone it shows up in iCal or Address Book on my Mac and vice versa.

2) Get push email to my Mobile Me email account on my iPhone or Mac. it isn't my main priority email account as I've had a GMail account since they started.

3) Give me 20Gb of online storage.

4) Access my Mobile Me email account, calendar, contacts and 20Gb storage from any computer using its web browser.

Is it worth it? I think so, I was also lucky enough to get an extra couple of months free. My main use is the over the air syncing of calendar and contacts between my iPhone and my Mac.

7. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

it is definitely worth it if you have a mac... even more worth it if you have multiple.

mine keeps my iphone, imac, macbook, and the imac i use at school all in sync :)

i use the idisk to keep all of my important documents on so i can always access my homework.

8. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

As a mac user i love it for my video sharing and my easy to update web site,
    as an iphone user i love it for my push email and easy sync of calendars and contacts, Im not a big user of the idisk but suspect that is a part of the iphone file syncing plan some time in the future, 20 gb on the go storage.

9. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

If you own a Mac it's useful.

If you own a Mac and an iPhone (or 2 macs) then I'd say it's necessary.

The live data syncing is amazingly useful. The photo galleries are amazingly easy. The online backups are great too.

10. davidwarren macrumors 6502a

I really only use it to sync my three macs and my iphone.
    If you want to do that, it is outstanding.

11. milani macrumors 68000

milani

It's just as useful if you own a PC. Perhaps more useful because it's a great bridge between Apple hardware (iPhone) and your PC. You can sync it to Microsoft Outlook like you would iCal, which allows you to instantly sync your contacts and calendars to your iPhone, the cloud (and the MobileMe web interface), and your Windows calendar and contacts program (Microsoft Outlook).

12. chomby1991 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

just sign up and then you can get 60 days free to try it

13. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68030

Just to add my two cents, I love it. I primarily use it to keep my Mac and my iPhone synched. I also use iDisk, especially while traveling.

14. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

whats the deal on MobileMe's status? is it 100% up and running smoothly now?

15. golgo1313 macrumors regular

I hate mobile me

It is utterly useless and overpriced to boot. Save your 99 bucks. IMHO. It still does not work for me. Cancelling when the trial period is over.

16. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

I've had the service since it was iTools, and it was promised to be "free for life."

I'm irritated by the broken promise, but I'll continue to pay for it, simply because, for me, it's worth it, and that is a question that can only be answered by the individual that is paying for it, and using it.

I use iDisk to store off-site backups of important items, and I use iSync to keep multiple computers, plus my iPhone all in sync, which to me, makes it all worth it.

Don't pay full retail though. Check eBay or Amazon. You should be able to buy it for $79ish. ;)

17. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

I had some mild issues during the transition, but for me, it is now 100% :)

18. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

19. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

Hey I love the MRoogle! Great idea. Thanks!