What does Notes look like?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Vertigo50, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Any brave souls running iOS7 want to post a few screens of the new Notes app? I'm really curious what it looks like now that they're banishing skeumorphism.

:D

2. bgro macrumors 6502a

Looks terrible IMO. Very subjective of course but its waaaaay to plain for my taste. I actually didn't mind the look of the old notes app.

Attached Files:

3. Vertigo50 thread starter macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Thanks bgro!

Would you mind posting one of the inside of a note too?

I see what you mean about it being very plain, but I actually kind of like it myself.

4. bgro macrumors 6502a

Yeah it's definitely plain. I am not a fan of the redesign at all but I'm side many people will like it. Here's the inside:

Attached Files:

5. lupinglade macrumors regular

And how cool is the toilet paper texture? Reminders has it too.

6. Vertigo50 thread starter macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Planning for some new carpet, eh? :)

It's funny, I have a lot of notes just like this on my phone. Lots of DIY projects in the mix at any given time.

Thanks again for posting these.

7. syd430 Guest

Yeah i've also been complaining since at least 450 AD that plain piece of paper is too plain to write notes on. The whole experience of writing simple notes on a white piece of paper has been so boring and dull, I wish my pen would at least light up with bright neon colours every time I finish a sentence and that my paper was yellow to at least throw some jazz in to the mix.

Honestly a lot of complaints about an app that is supposed to be the mobile equivalent of Notepad.

8. qtaran111 macrumors member

That looks much better than the old version (I couldn't stand that sickly yellow, yuck) but they need to get rid of the paper texture. Plain white/grey please!

9. cualexander macrumors 6502a

I loved the yellow personally. I miss it a lot. I typed so many notes on that simple yellow app that it really grew on me. That was one thing I missed a lot during my brief trial of Android. The stock Notes app.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I would have preferred more features than a new look for iOS 7. I never thought the look was main problem.

10. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

I think it is easily the worst of the updated apps. The paper texture is terrible, and the yellow color is disgusting.

If you have a link in a note it is hardly legible because of the yellow color.

11. Sister Owl macrumors member

This is awful. Texture reminds me of Letterpress – I hate it, I don't know why. I thought they wanted to get rid of skeumorfism, why is this paper texture? I also don't like that every app is white. This is is white and that is white… I'm going to get seek of white! What was wrong with yellow color?:(

12. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

One cool thing though is that the texture is fixed in relation to the text. That's one thin that always annoyed me about the paper texture in Notes - the text always moved independent of the texture. Now, it doesn't. Yay