What does "Ship by July 2nd" mean?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by BBQ BOY, Jun 15, 2010.

1. BBQ BOY macrumors regular

I went on Apples web site to pre-order a bumper and it read "ships by July 2nd"

2. costabunny macrumors 68020

costabunny

um, I would hazard a guess that at some point (up to July 2nd) a packing-monkey will pick it, label it and send it to you....

(i.e. they haven't got guaranteed stock levels yet)

3. BBQ BOY thread starter macrumors regular

I don't for the life of me understand why Apple never seems to be prepared. Why not have the accessories ready when the phone is? Common sense tells you to have the protection products on the shelf right before or as the phone comes out. A lot of people are going top be walking around without protection.

4. costabunny macrumors 68020

costabunny

not me - I'll have my iPhone4 in one hand and a metal tail-comb in the other.... (go on chav's; make my day....)

5. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

i just ordered 2. a black and a pink for the girlfriend. the black says delivered by june 24th pink says ships by july 2nd. haha. the ironic part? the black is for my white iphone which I can't get on launch and the pink is for my girlfriends black iphone that were picking up on launch hahaha.

6. omgitscro macrumors 6502a

omgitscro

A lot of people simply don't care.

I have many cases. The Juice Pack Air, Incase something or others, and tons of random other cases I've picked up. I always end up going back to the naked iPhone.

7. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Stay out of bad neighborhoods and carry a knife/condom depending on the type of protection you need. Problem solved.

8. joneill55 macrumors 6502

Ah yes, bad case of "IPhone Case-itis". Nasty stuff! Suffered from it myself in all three iPhone versions. Finally settled on a Vaja iVolution Grip or LP Air Jacket proving that nobody can have just one :)

9. slothy420 macrumors member

While the 'ship by' date for the black bumper is still June 24th through Apple.com, the 'ship by' date for Orange bumper is July 2nd, and for the Pink, White, Green, and Blue bumpers is July 16th. I would have expected Apple to have already made these cases and have them ready on the same day the phone is released. Weak.