what does the arrow mean?


macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 30, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
hey guys,

so i feel like the answer to this question should be obvious but i've only been using macs for a little over a year, and i just don't know what to do.

when i look up some shortcuts for various applications the key commands include an upward pointing arrow. what command/key is this?

thanks in advance!


macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2007
Alexandria, VA
I was wondering that myself, I actually knew it was shift but my Photoshop (7) doesn't hide like normal programs, and the menu claims that you have to hit shift + command + H to hide it but that doesn't work, so suddenly I thought I was wrong about the up arrow being shift. Turns out Photoshop just won't hide with a keyboard shortcut (bug?), glad to hear I'm right that it's shift at least.