What does the back of your watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by JLH81, Jun 2, 2019.

1. JLH81 macrumors member

Look like after you've worn it for a day? I am finding myself constantly cleaning the back of mine because it's disgusting. Does taking a shower with on really help keep it clean? I have yet to try taking a shower with mine on, but I am seriously thinking about doing so from now on.

Also, what method do you all recommend for wiping it down? Just a damp microfiber towel? I would like to keep my S4 in tip top shape for quite awhile!

Thanks all!

2. SDColorado Contributor

SDColorado

I clean mine with an eye glass cleaning cloth. It’s mild, but has some alcohol to clean/disinfect, remove dirt, dust, sweat, etc.

3. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Direct from Apple on what they recommend for cleaning:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204522

4. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

Doesn't look too bad. Every time I take off my watch I use my t-shirt to wipe it down. If I have to I'll use the edge of my fingernail to keep the edges of the circle clean.

I give it a REAL good clean after workouts... which aren't as frequent as they should be.

I have seen some that look .... <shudder> .... <gag>.... <cough>. Ok happy thoughts. Happy Thoughts.

5. MrWillie macrumors 65816

MrWillie

I use warm soapy water, just like I’ve always done with my 8 +. Never had a problem. Sometimes it’s in the shower, sometimes in the kitchen sink.

I then gently dry them. Watch is washed daily. Phone weekly, unless I’m overseas and then the phone is cleaned more frequently.

6. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

I wipe it down with my t-shirt or a clean cloth every couple days.