What does the login screen look like in Lion 10.7.4?

JuegaBonito

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011
Hey, I just got a new Macbook Pro which is running 10.7.4. I know that I have seen Mac with Lion where the login screen looks like this:

http://a2mac.org/wp-content/uploads/images/lion_login_2.jpg

What I am referring to is the fact that there is the texture background with the apple logo on it.

I am wondering whether this login screen still exists in 10.7.4. When I log in to my Mac I just see the background image with a grey box to enter the password. Is this normal? What does your login screen look like in 10.7.4?

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Hey, I just got a new Macbook Pro which is running 10.7.4. I know that I have seen Mac with Lion where the login screen looks like this:

http://a2mac.org/wp-content/uploads/images/lion_login_2.jpg

What I am referring to is the fact that there is the texture background with the apple logo on it.

I am wondering whether this login screen still exists in 10.7.4. When I log in to my Mac I just see the background image with a grey box to enter the password. Is this normal? What does your login screen look like in 10.7.4?
you say your on 10.7.4 and your asking if it still looks like that on 10.7.4?

matrix07

macrumors 603
Jun 24, 2010
The same picture like you posted. I just don't know how to take screenshot on the log screen.

ScoobyMcDoo

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2007
Austin, TX
Go to system preferences->Users and Groups. On the left down near the bottom select "Login Options". What is the "Display login window as" set to?

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
This is normal. Mine looked like that, but there was an additional guest account since I had that activated. There's nothing abnormal with yours. But now my login screen has changed and it shows up immediately when I press the on/off button, then it starts to boot up since I have FileVault turned on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.