Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vandam500

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2008
It's GPRS (General Packet Radio Service). When You don't have 3G nor Edge, you have GPRS. It is extremely slow, a lot slower then Edge.

oxdtown

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 19, 2008
Dekalb, IL
haha thanks i usually have full bars of edge but last week at country thunder it was going between all three thanks

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Had to be done.

o-face.jpg

I hope that I never see that little "o" again.......

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
I had that symbol on my new 3G S while driving through Wisconsin. It was followed by about 50 miles of no signal whatsoever. Gotta love AT&T!

mickbab

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Spoilt people. I don't get EDGE in Australia, it's either spotty 3G or GPRS.

Thanks Optus.

Haha I only just realised that the "o" isn't EDGE. I always assumed it was as it only ever goes between 3G and O, and I've never heard of this GPRS before.

Learn something new every day.

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
OP could have read the manual. Would have saved time, and probably would have learned something new about the iPhone.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
OP could have read the manual. Would have saved time, and probably would have learned something new about the iPhone.

What manual? We don't need no stinking manuals! :)

Edit: I was joking for those who couldn't tell (see below). It was a reference to "we don't need no stinking badges," from some movie I forget the title of.

The manual can be found on the Apple website online and you can also find it by googling, which will give you a pdf.

ngenerator

macrumors 68000
May 12, 2009
USG Ishimura
I had that symbol on my new 3G S while driving through Wisconsin. It was followed by about 50 miles of no signal whatsoever. Gotta love AT&T!

Actually, it's "Gotta love WI!"

The signal in this state is horrible, if you drive more than 20 miles north of Milwaukee you'd have better luck with two tin cans and a piece of string

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.