What does the order W number mean?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EvanEiga, Sep 10, 2016.

1. EvanEiga macrumors member

like many people who ordered jet black 7+, my delivery window is between sept 26-oct 3. Somehow my Apple Store app didn't register my account so I had to manually type in everything. I even went as far as going back to double check for the 256 gig instead of 128 to see if there's a sept 16th delivery, no luck and went back and restarted everything all over again.. yes big mistake. so I received my confirmation at 12:11 PST, and my order number is W42.

Does that suggest anything? I see multiple people saying their order is in the W50s. Does smaller number suggest that the order went through earlier and hence have a better chance of bumping up the delivery date or is it just some random number?

I've been getting iPhones since launch day ever since 4, I hope I get this one on its first release day too :)

2. ramonabynes macrumors regular

ramonabynes

I'm not sure if it means much because I think the JB 7+ just has lower stock and takes longer to make.

I got a 4.7 JB with a sept 16 date and my order number is W54-- went through at like 16 or 17 minutes after. If these numbers are sequential thats a whole lot of orders lol