What does this button do?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by scooterD3, Oct 9, 2010.

1. scooterD3 macrumors newbie

I can't figure out what this button does for the life of me. It's under mail, and it's in the inbox. I've had an iPhone since the first generation, iPhone 3GS and now I'm on an iPhone 4, so I know how they work. But this is the first thing I have no idea what it does. Also, not sure if it is new or not, cause I never noticed it before.

When I click on it, I lose my email, and I have absolutely NO idea where the email goes. None, nada, nothing. Gone. For me, it's the "delete email and never get it back" button. I thought it was an archive button originally, and maybe it is, but if so, where does it get stored?

Thanks ahead of time for your help!

Here's the photo:

Attached Files:

2. siufai macrumors member

If this is a Gmail account, it is the archive button. It will send the email to the All Mail folder.

3. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

It only appears in GMail accounts, and it is indeed the Archive button.

You can view Archived messages by going into Mail > Accounts > Gmail > All Mail.

4. macfanrutler macrumors regular

macfanrutler

You can also turn it off by going to Settings > Mail > "Account" > Archive Messages and turn it off. Then it will work like it used to by moving messages into trash.

5. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

To archive your messages!

The pic of the icon is trying to be something like this where you keep folders and papers organized:
    [​IMG]

6. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

Thanks for the tip. There's one spammer that keeps getting passed my GMail filters, and not being able to delete it on my phone has been driving my CRAZY.