Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Whaletrain

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 28, 2012
So the UPS man has just took my Macbook Pro Retina (Received last week) off my hands to send back to Apple for my replacement. I checked the status of my order and it was a like for like replacement being built.

I've just gone back to check and now my original replacement order has now changed to "Cancelled - Replaced with a new product". Upon checking they've now given me a 2.6GHz i5 along with the same specs I had before.

Does this mean that I will be getting one of the literally brand-new just launched 2014 refreshed models? If I ring Apple to clarify will they cancel this and give me the old one?

Capture.PNG

eneisch

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2008
That's what it looks like to me...time to change the specs in your signature!!!

Whaletrain

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 28, 2012
That's what it looks like to me...time to change the specs in your signature!!!

It's all come so fast. I'm actually feeling cheered up about this replacement. I suppose because I've ordered a replacement when the refreshes were due for going on sale and my replacement was still processing, they've just cancelled and upgraded everyone to a 2014 model. I was kicking myself when I ordered my original like "Oh I should have ordered the 2.6GHz".

Maybe once the refreshes are out and you're in the middle of an order they have to give you the new one?

Whaletrain

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 28, 2012
UPDATE!

So my worries are finally answered thanks to this lovely e-mail from :apple:

Dear *Insert Name* ,

Thank you for your recent MacBook Pro order. We know you’re looking forward to receiving your purchase.

You may not have heard, but we just announced the new MacBook Pro. Since your order has not dispatched, we have automatically upgraded you to the new MacBook Pro.

Visit http://www.apple.com/uk/ to learn more about the new MacBook Pro.

Thank you for choosing Apple.

Sincerely,

Apple Online Store

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.