What does this mean ?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by trutechnology, Nov 2, 2013.

1. trutechnology macrumors newbie

im not to familiar with the whole mac setup yet . but what i am trying to do it reinstall snow leopard on my macbook pro (2012 i believe ). it has lion (10.7.5) and i have a usb created with my macbook with (10.6.?)

i've formatted the ( mac ) partition with the image and received this upon start up .

Attached Files:

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Message looks like a kernal panic, but I'm not sure, as I've never experienced one. To install SL instead of Lion, I think you have to basically wipe everything. Going backwards is harder than forwards.

3. meme1255, Nov 3, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2013

meme1255 macrumors 6502

Looks like your Mac doesn't support 10.6 - "Unsupported CPU". I think that 2011 MBPs were last that supported SL. You're out of luck.

4. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

That looks like a Kernal Panic. As the previous poster mentioned, if you're getting unsupported CPU errors then Snow Leopard will not work on your Mac.

5. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Snow leopard is not supported. Why do you want to run it?

6. trutechnology, Nov 3, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2013

trutechnology thread starter macrumors newbie

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE INFO !!!
    i basically i want to install XP on bootcamp . I need XP on my macbook so i can run a program (which cannot be supported by VM ) ---> NSPro Box

7. meme1255 macrumors 6502

You can create partition manually and install XP that way, if there are drivers for XP for MacBook Pro 2012.

Well, but you would you to fix somehow partition table afterwards, because otherwise next OS X won't allow you to upgrade :( (It says that it can't modify recovery partition, but there's probably a workaround)