Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hanser

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2013
Name and city. Hoping that it will be returned by the finder if I lose it. Worked with my violin once

SalinaStarr

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2018
I must be waaaaay out of the loop because I did not know about engraving and I did not know it was free. Is this an option when you order it directly from Apple or something?

I bought mine from Best Buy for 2 reasons. 1. There is not an Apple store within 50 miles. 2. Best Buy has an accident protection plan meaning if I break it within 2 years they will fix it or replace it, which I love.
[doublepost=1521405592][/doublepost]
I must be waaaaay out of the loop because I did not know about engraving and I did not know it was free. Is this an option when you order it directly from Apple or something?

I bought mine from Best Buy for 2 reasons. 1. There is not an Apple store within 50 miles. 2. Best Buy has an accident protection plan meaning if I break it within 2 years they will fix it or replace it, which I love.

Yea, if you buy it straight from Apple's website, they give you the option to engrave it free.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
I stopped having mine engraved after my 1st and 2nd gens Touches went bad and were replaced with bare-backed Touches.

I did have something engraved on the iPad2 I bought for my wife: "Dr's Eye-Pad". She's an eye doctor.

Yep, I got an engraved iPad for me and my wife as our first iPads back in the day. Mine was DOA and had to be replaced in store. Wife kept hers for a few years. We both put Amazon cases on them and ... yeah decided it wasn't worth it after that and haven't done it since.

I put her nickname on hers and my username on mine (BigMcGuire)

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
I'm a teacher. The engraving on my iPad reads, "Those who know, do. Those who understand, teach".

paincreatesfame

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2018
Beaverton, Oregon
I'm getting an iPad Pro (10.5 inch, Rose Gold) and I plan on having the engraving say "This iPad Pro belongs to [my name]" so that if it ever gets stolen somebody can't pretend it's theirs cause it'll have my name on it

danny842003

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2017
I'm getting an iPad Pro (10.5 inch, Rose Gold) and I plan on having the engraving say "This iPad Pro belongs to [my name]" so that if it ever gets stolen somebody can't pretend it's theirs cause it'll have my name on it

They could just pretend they got it second hand?

Reactions: AJsAWiz

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
LOL funny, I just mentioned that to DH, too. What if I want to sell it? I don't think I'll be getting any engraving. I can always count on MacRumors to reinforce my positive thinking.

My feelings as well. What it says (having your iPad engraved) to me is that you don't intend on selling it or trading it in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.