What does your iPad mailbox display when you open the Mail app?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by coolwater, Dec 8, 2010.

1. coolwater macrumors 6502a

coolwater

Whenever I open the default Mail iPad app to check my emails, it usually (about 7 out of 10) displays a certain email that I had received a few weeks ago. I don't know why it always chooses to display that specific email is a mystery to me.

But, it sometimes displays a different old email as well.

Shouldn't it display either the latest email that I've received or the latest email that I had already opened?

2. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

It should open in the same state that you left it.

On another note, I was just thinking how much better iPad mail could be. Like in Mac Mail, I wish I could set up rules* to divert certain mails to different folders.

* Although it would be better if these rules could be set up at MobileMe level. Maybe next year...

3. scottness macrumors 65816

scottness

Rules would be good. I use Gmail and set up filters. Works ok, but yeah, would be great to have local rules, too.

4. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

Opens wherever I left it for me every time.

I wish I could flag emails with different colors, I use that a lot on web accounts and outlook. Latest updates did a lot of improvements though.

5. coolwater thread starter macrumors 6502a

coolwater

Yes, it should. But, it doesn't. I wonder what could be the problem. My iPad has the latest iOS 4.2 installed.