What DON'T you like about the AirPods?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by AcountUserGuy, Jan 7, 2017.

1. AcountUserGuy macrumors newbie

Seems like we have a ton of threads everyday on how "magical" the AirPods are but for those who have the AirPods and think that they can be improved. What don't you like about them? What features would you want added if Apple were to release AirPods 2?

2. blaine07 macrumors 65816

Easy... want a MB pair

3. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

First and foremost, the over dependence on Siri. I'd like at least a tap sequence for track skipping added in as soon as possible, never mind AirPods 2 ;)

4. CMoore515 macrumors member

Only thing I don't like is the dependence on Siri. Other than that, they rock.

5. celer1ty macrumors newbie

As above, dependence on Siri. I'd rather have double tap to pause/play a track.

6. CMoore515 macrumors member

You can do that in settings, but it's finicky.

7. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

Bluetooth 5 along with a bluetooth 5 capable iPhone.:p

8. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

The features that I feel are missing is the availability to skip my songs and control volume with gestures. Other than that, I would be very happy.

9. rijc99 macrumors 6502a

rijc99

It doesn't stay in my ears very well.

10. chriscrowlee macrumors 65816

chriscrowlee

They don't block out enough of the outside noise, rendering them nearly useless on an airplane.

In fairness, I'm comparing to noise isolating Jaybirds X (not noise cancelling), and airpods aren't designed to isolate the noise.

I think for all around use they're good, but I'll still use noise isolating (ear suction) buds for air travel.

11. miamialley, Jan 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2017

miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

There needs to be an on/off switch on the case to control charging and bluetooth search.

12. MathersMahmood macrumors 6502

MathersMahmood

The fact they don't power down when in the case which keeps draining the case battery

13. Exile714 macrumors 6502a

Using them between a Mac and an iPhone. Whenever I switch devices I get connectivity issues where it doesn't want to re-pair and once or twice decide they won't pair with anything until their case gets a 100% charge. I was sold on how seamless the transition would be (and am I wrong, but I thought it would be AUTOMATIC switching and they would know which device you're using? Because that's NOT how they work).

Still really like them, though...

14. isoS macrumors newbie

Yeah, at the very least a different function for dbl tap on each bud would help -- Siri on left, play/pause on right? Also still not sure if I can hang up a call w dbl tap, though it hasn't mattered yet since the people I've talked to have always hung up and disconnected the call before I can try it.

15. rockyromero macrumors 6502

rockyromero

To improve call clarity: retractable telescopic stem.

In black, of course.

16. twinlight macrumors 6502

twinlight

Sensor for blood oxygen level and activation lock.

17. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Although with an apple watch it’s not a major issue but having volume and track changing on the airpod itself would make it perfect for me.

18. Bmoreguy03 macrumors regular

Bmoreguy03

I don't like that they get dirty so fast even the case collects a lot of lint

19. blaine07 macrumors 65816

I don't like the seem on one of mine that hurts my ear ‍♂️

20. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

just curious what one can expect that will be way better about bluetooth 5? I haven't followed the hype train

21. AcountUserGuy thread starter macrumors newbie

I dislike how multipairing isn't a feature. Jaybirds X3 allows me to be connected to 2 devices at once and I can switch by pausing the music on one and starting music on the other

22. predation macrumors 6502a

Wish there was a black color. Not going to buy an Apple Watch to change volume .

23. ascender macrumors 68020

Like others have said, Siri.

But I can see why they've done it as once you remove that cable, you've nowhere to put a set of physical controls on, other than the earbuds themselves. Which leads to larger earbuds as we've already seen with other similar cordless ones. I'm guessing that was the design brief Apple had on day one - keep the same size earpod and make them truly wireless.

Its no a deal breaker though...

I still think the fit is an issue. Even if they'd included some silicon covers of different sizes, the chances of a great seal and improved sound quality would be increased for the majority of users and they'd also lessen the worry of losing one by it falling out. I think that's the one thing that I've has an issue with since they were announced, that this is where Apple is going for form over function.

Other colours would be nice too.

24. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

This is not a missing feature, rather a glitch with your particular pair. Mine have no battery drain overnight. If the issue persists, you should exchange them.

25. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex