What drives me nuts about Yellowgate...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Felder71, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Felder71 macrumors member

...is that, in theory, this could be a non-issue with the ability to set the color calibration or gamma on the iPhone yourself. I can change color warmth and other settings on my Mac or most any LCD. Give us the option in our iPhone settings and the issue disappears. Unless there is some hardware reasoning that I don't understand, it seems that this should be fairly simple to do. Maybe the JB community will make it happen?

2. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Apple seems obssessed with making their products so simple, that anything that gives the user control makes Apple very uneasy. Apple loves to remove choices & controls. The "Appliance" model suits them well. Sealed & disposable seems to be the direction they are headed with warp speed. Buy it, use it, trash it.

3. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

What drives me nuts is people making a mountain out of a molehill and slapping a "gate" on the end to blow it even more out of proportion.

4. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

This....

5. gtmac macrumors 6502a

You are both right, the gate thing is old, the color calibration would solve the issue!!! Is it possible with this screen technology?

6. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

7. zflauaus macrumors 65816

I don't get it. Honestly, I think the screen is fine, if not damn near perfect.

I bought a Droid X on release day and had to get a replacement a little less than a year later. I immediately noticed that the screen was much warmer than the previous one. You get used to the screen after a while and I think warmer screens tend to look better than cooler ones. Not to mention there are very few phones that can let you color manage the screen. I could apply different filters to my Droid X (like a red filter or whatever) but that was after a root, installing a custom ROM and finding an app to do it).

You will get used to it.