What electrickery triggers OSX but windows ignores (Macbook power/booting problem)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Gold89, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Gold89 macrumors 6502

H there, long time lurker here but decided to join up due to an unfortuante accident involving a glass of water and my macbook :(

I left it to dry for two days and am now trying to use it, other than the trackpad button no longer functioning and a small problem in that it will often only accept plugging in mains power when turned off.

However I can only boot into windows (through boot camp) and this is driving me crazy :mad: When I attempt to boot into OSX it reaches the stage before displaying the desktop and instead of displaying the desktop immediately goes into hibernate and will not come out of hibernate (instead it begins to restore, almost succeeds and then returns to hibernate). I guess this may be a related problem to accepting mains power but that's only a guess.

Any help would be welcome.

Many thanks. :apple:

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

3. Gold89 thread starter macrumors 6502

:( Why does windows work though and OSX not is what I need to know? :(

4. Gold89 thread starter macrumors 6502

I've been researching the problem and a suggestion is that it is a software difference between OSX and windows to do with either the trackpad button or the power supply (probably the trackpad).

My main thought is the trackpad. Are there any triggers for OSX if it detects the touchpad button is being held down?

Thx.