What else would you recommend for my Mid 2012 13" MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by djfmf, Dec 11, 2012.

1. djfmf macrumors member

Got the i5 mid 2012 13" MBP.

Moved 500gb to DVD drive as extra space.
    Swapped main hard drive for 120GB Corsair Force GT.
    Upgraded 16GB DDR3 1600MHZ.

Only things I can think of is swapping the main SSD for a much larger and faster one. Also Upgrading to 16GB DDR3 1866 MHZ.

Thoughts on my specs to leave as is or upgrade the final 2 options? I don't plan on doing a raid 0, but that would be nice. Overall the computer is super fast, no problems really, just thinking of other possibilities.

2. Essenar macrumors 6502a

You don't need to upgrade the SSD unless the 120GB isn't enough space.

I would say, you could possibly swap the slow 5400 RPM extra drive for a faster 7200 RPM secondary drive.

Other than that, stop it! lol

You've fully upgraded and it's as fast as that little bad boy is going to get. Now download some games and enjoy.

3. richnyc macrumors regular

richnyc

No need to upgrade anything else... Just enjoy it;)

4. amit715 macrumors member

throw some D's on that b*tch !!lol nothing left to do bro.

5. Essenar macrumors 6502a

Now that you've maxed out performance, you can max out the exterior. I would say rims are next followed by a 2" drop. Make sure you use adjustable coilovers with Koni shocks though. If you use springs, you won't be able to lift it up for when you have to pick up something heavy at the store.

Also if you're going to paint it, pick a classy color like matte black or gun metal. Don't go with yellow or neon green. That's ricey and Fast and Furious style.

Make sure your modifications are legal with the DMV in your state.

6. ZhenyaF macrumors 6502

Keep it as it is now and upgrade as tech drops in price

7. djfmf thread starter macrumors member

Lol, just making sure I did everything I could at this point. Everything is overkill at this point, but I will wait till prices drop for the larger SSD so I can maximize my read/write speeds. The reason why I don't want to upgrade to a 7200rpm HD is i don't want to kill the battery life.

8. stevelam macrumors 65816

What exactly are you doing with your MacBook that you need to worry about 1600 MHZ ram vs 1866 MHZ ram?

9. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

When I replaced my 5200RPM hard drive with a 7200RPM one I didn't notice any drop in my battery life :)

...However I didn't notice any improvements in my MacBook's speed either :eek: