What email client do you use?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Morisato, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Morisato macrumors member

I used to use entourage, and like it a lot for it's extra features like contact organization and scheduling. It was really nice until it started acting so buggy and taking up so much resources. I then moved to Apple Mail, and for the most part was satisfied. It was very fast, easy to use, quick to respond, etc. I did hit a few bugs now and then with emails sending from the wrong accounts but that wasn't too much of an issue until I recently upgraded to 4.2 in OSX 10.6. With this new version, it's so horrible. It lists my accounts unnecessarily when all I want is the inboxes. I accidentally sent an email with a 100mb attachment and now it's freaking out. I canceled the email and now it's creating emails in the "recovered messages" folder! It spikes my processor which freezes my computer for like 2 seconds, and it takes up 1gb of ram. Now that it's constantly trying to recover this 100mb email, i can't even get new email anymore. I had to go to the gmail website to get my new mail and when looking there, I found them in the trash. Also, this new mail creates drafts so often and saves each autosave as a new draft which clogs everything up. I'm really annoyed by Mail 4.2 and am now looking for a new mail client. What client do you guys use?

2. JustinVM macrumors newbie

3. Kieranic Guest

That's WAY too much for email. Most providers only accept up to like.. 30MB?

4. macgrl macrumors 65816

mail, does the job for me and my various imap accounts:)

5. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I used Entourage for many years and switched to Mail 2 years ago. Really looking forward to seeing how Microsoft ports Outlook over for the next revision of Office.

7. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

I really like Mail. Works very well for my needs.

8. reubs macrumors 68000

I use Mail, but it doesn't offer the tagging features I'd love for it to have. I prefer a desktop client, so that's why I don't stay in Gmail. Also, MailPlane isn't my idea of a good time.

I'm trying to get on board with Postbox Express (and maybe upgrade to Postbox if I like Express), but I'm still too wed to Mail and my system there to changes horses midstream, ya know?

9. kasakka macrumors 68000

10. runebinder macrumors 6502a

runebinder

I use Mail, no issues with it and prefer it to Outlook on Windows.

11. calb macrumors 6502

Mail. It's solid, integrated, and I just love having access to Mail even when I don't have an Internet connection. Thunderbird is nice, but needs some more polish. Postbox is the most feature-filled client, but I can't justify the cost. I'm interested to see what comes of Outlook later in the year.

12. Migra macrumors newbie

AFAIK Hotmail now supports 10GB attachments :eek: of course it will only works for Hotmail2Hotmail,
    If you try sending 10GB from a hotmail account to a some company adress, the company server surely will reject that email msg.

13. celticpride678

14. Caleb531 macrumors 6502

Caleb531

Mail is the best desktop mail client I've ever used. I love the simplicity and it's neat set of features.

I've tried Thunderbird, but I was disappointed with the Mac look-and-feel of it. Plus, it's not as simple as I'd like it to be (compared to Mail).

15. calb macrumors 6502

I can't remember the exact figures, but the wording is very much marketing. You can send 200 files of up to 50 MB each... so you can send up to 10 GB if you have 200 files to pass on, but you cannot send a single file over 50 MB.

That's my reading of it anyway.