What email provider do you have?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by EricNau, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Well, just curious to see what other members use and why. Do you have a business/school address, a free account (e.g. Gmail), or have you purchased your own domain?

As for me, I use AOL.

...So far, I've tried AOL, Gmail, .Mac & Yahoo, and as horrifying as it may be, I've found AOL to be the most flexible, but I'm always looking for better options.

2. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Yahoo and Excite (yes, they're still around)

The Yahoo account is my registration/spam account, where as my excite address is for my personal stuff (I.e, not availible to the public; just close friends and family) I hate Gmail and Hotmail, the rest are ok.

I do have my own email address at my website (see sig) But I don't use it(Maybe I should; $12 a month basically going to waste) no one knows about my site anyway. :p

EDIT: Oh, I'm also supposed to have email from my provider, but they never gave me a username or password :mad:

EDIT 2: Also, I think this thread has been done before

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i have a Gmail account, a .Mac account, and my own Domain.

the first and last get used the most.

4. jlewis2k1 macrumors 6502a

jlewis2k1

5. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

I have yahoo, hotmail, gmail, ISP, work and school. All have had certain purposes over the years, though I'm consolidating most things to my gmail account.

6. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I only use my sole Gmail account. I got it way back in early February 2006 and haven't used a different email provider since.

7. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

I have Gmail account, an https secure account, .Mac, earthlink and hotmail. Mostly I use https secure and .Mac

8. PkennethV macrumors 6502a

I pretty much only "use" gMail. Although I do have a Yahoo account to use Yahoo messenger and Flickr.

9. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

.Mac, Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo and School. Gmail and .Mac get used the most and hotmail is only for IM.

10. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

Domain, ISP, Gmail

I use the domain occasionally but for most emails I will use my ISP's email. (Comcast)

11. iRachel macrumors 6502a

I have an account from school and two gmail accounts.

I use the school account for school business, one gmail account for communicating with friends and family, and one gmail account for subscribing to various newsletters, online shopping, and anything else where there's a risk the address could be sold/rented to other advertisers.

I've had a yahoo account in the past (lots of spam) and a hotmail one too (so much spam that it was hard to find my actual mail). I love gmail because I have no spam in the personal account, and minimal issues with the second account...and the filters seem to work much better.

12. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

one from school and hotmail. both work great on mail...

13. sonarghost macrumors regular

14. asxtb macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Vodafone/1.0/V705SH/SHJ001 Browser/VF-NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I have .Mac and Gmail. Hate gmails format but keep it because it's big and free. Only check it about once a month and usually have no mail. Use .Mac for my main account.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.