What enclosure/adapter do I need for SSD of rMBP 2012?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by hajime, Jan 26, 2016.

  1. hajime macrumors 601

    Jul 23, 2007
    Hello, Apple helped me to take out the SSD of my previous work computer (rMBP 15" 2012). I want to connect it to another Mac to get the data back. The SSD is very small. Unlike the Samsung EVO 850 SSD which I got an enclosure for, it is much smaller and looks like a memory card. What kind of enclosure/adapter do I need to connect it externally to another Mac? Thanks.
  2. BaggieBoy macrumors 6502


    May 29, 2012
    I updated my 2012 rMBP from the stock Apple 512GB SSD to a Transcend 960GB SSD. With the new SSD they supplied a enclosure that allows the Apple SSD to be used as an external drive. The interface of the SSD is proprietary and so you need a Transcend (or similar) enclosure that supports the proprietary interface. Whether you can buy these on their own, I have no idea.

Share This Page