What EXACTLY are the problems with 7.2.1?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by rpeters83, Dec 28, 2007.

1. rpeters83 macrumors regular

Do we know exactly what issues there are with this firmware? Thanks.

2. JimmyDThing macrumors regular

I'm assuming you mean for AEBS.

The issues I've experienced are dropouts and incorrect unmounting of drives connected to the base station during dropouts.

However... since upgrading to Leopard, I haven't had a huge problem... I don't know if maybe it only effect Tiger.

3. macleod199 macrumors 6502

NAT-PMP (Network Address Translation - Port Mapping Protocol) is busted. This lets applications (e.g. iChat and BitTorrent clients) automatically open ports in the router for receiving incoming connects when need be. It's an open, standardized version of what most people use UPnP for on Windows.

4. Wafflebird macrumors newbie

OK.... just picked one up tonight???

So when I connect it tomorrow should I NOT install 7.2.1? And while we are discussing this specifically I am planning on hooking up a Western Digital My Book 320 GB hard drive. I see nothing but conflicting posts on this. Should I just be able to connect it and see it with both my MBP and Widows computers? I am really kind of concerned now. I am not trying to hi-jack the thread just wondering the same thing about the "Alleged" firmware upgrade as well as the external drive.

I am switching from a Linksys WRT54G due to constant problems I have been having to deal with after adding a PS3 to my home. I have done everything and still have problems.

Thanks in advance.