Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maddan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2008
Could someone please take their time to explain what that is, and if it can be applied to a personal account?

atluten

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2008
FAN discounts are discounts that come from being affiliated with a company or university. These discounts can be applied to plans, various phones, and both. Unfortunately I don't think it's possible to have them applied to a personal account if you don't have any of these affiliations. If you are a student or do work for a company and have an email address, you can go to the AT&T website and check to see if you're eligible. Here is a link for a little more information, Business Discount

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
Could someone please take their time to explain what that is, and if it can be applied to a personal account?
A discount that is available to AT&T business customer, groups (colleges), government agencies.

Yes it can be applied to your business (CRU) or personal account (IRU).

Start here and enter your work / school email address on top right side to get started.

Business site to register for Discounts.

http://www.wireless.att.com/businesscenter/en_US/phones-devices/iReady.jsp

maddan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2008
Okay, thanks! It looks like I am not eligible. I guess I will just have to continue paying $100+ each month...

chestvrg

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2010
FAN (Foundation Account Number). I get a 15% discount working with local government agency.

Some hospital employees/executives get uo to 28% discounts.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Yansick

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2011
Follow what dave said and if you don't have an e-mail address through your place of employment or school. You can take an ID card, par stub or w-2 to an AT&T Company Owned Retail store and they will get your discount applied.

chestvrg

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2010
Correct that is how I got mine by submitting my las two paycheck stubs and a copy of my employer I'd.

They used to process the FAN form at the at&t stores, but not anymore, you have to fax it to this number. Tip: you can google and download the form online from their website.

After faxing it in, it should take two billing cycles for the discount to apply. I have been getting 15% for many years now. (believe I saved that form in pdf format somewhere on my HDD, if anything do a google search)

Good luck

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
When did slickdeals start spamming? And why did everyone start replying to this now-revived 3 year old thread?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.