What exactly is happening with my iPhone 6s shipment?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by techiebug, Sep 23, 2015.

1. techiebug macrumors 6502a

Hey guys, I'm just really confused that although now Wednesday is almost over, my iPhone 6s on Apple.com still says "prepare for shipment" and it's scheduled for this Friday delivery. I haven't received any tracking number or anything. I remember last year I got notification that it got shipped and I could actually track it from China to Japan then the US. I live in California so the Pope doesn't affect my delivery. So what's up with this??

2. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

This happens every year and is totally normal. You'll get your new iPhone on Friday. Listen to a veteran. :D

3. HelloMikee macrumors 6502a

HelloMikee

Don't worry. Same here. In CA and I'm pretty sure it's in CA or close by so it will ship out sometime tomorrow morning.

4. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

Your iPhone is already in transit but won't show as Shipped until the 24th. You may not receive a tracking number until as late as midnight.

5. 2010lexus macrumors member

Mine says the same on apples site but according to UPS a label has been created and it's in California right now it's going to ship on Thursday overnight..

6. iHeartapple2 macrumors 6502

iHeartapple2

Go to ups.com tracking and select track by reference number. Enter your phone number with area code using no spaces or hyphens and you should get all your tracking info. My phone is in KY right now.

7. kidarkade macrumors newbie

kidarkade

Status just changed to shipped.

8. xRYD3Rx macrumors 6502

Just checked all my orders status changed to ship!

9. tejota1911 macrumors 6502

Same here. Both my orders just changed to Shipped!

10. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

I believe it is an agreement between UPS and Apple. Apple does not give out the tracking number until the last day or so. This prevents us from hammering the UPS tracking system.

11. DustinDev47 macrumors 6502

DustinDev47

Oh no it doesn't. :D

12. iMacJunkie macrumors regular

Exactly. I don't know about you but I've been hitting the UPS tracking system 100+ times per day LOL

13. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

It helps. Not many know about the reference number but if you did, you knew days ahead. Apple is just now releasing this info the day before the delivery. Still keeps the "masses" from checking their tracking every ten minutes!

14. techiebug thread starter macrumors 6502a

15. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Kinda of ironic but I just got shipment notification on both of my phones of which really shipped days ago!

16. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

I got everything shipped... Surprised they were shipped from China 19th and the 20th. I guess apple withheld the info until the day before. Different this year. Before you can track from China haha

17. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

Been able to track the progress of my iPhone 6s on UPS.com (using my phone number) since the 19th. It's been sitting in Kentucky since last night. Apple just now emailed me to say it's shipped.

18. chrisfitz macrumors newbie

I was able to track my phone's travels using both the UPS tracking and FlightAware. My phone has been in Louisville for two days. I just received notice from Apple overnight, that it had been shipped. Everything is perfectly fine for all the orders, unless you happen to be in Philly or NYC.