What exactly is iPad's warranty?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dxr808s, Jul 6, 2011.

1. dxr808s macrumors member

I have read so many sites and thought I would just ask outright. Sorry for the dumb question, but I am very confused.

Even reading Apple's site is confusing because I think I am reading multiple types of info.

Anyway, What exactly is Apple's iPad 2 warranty? I understand it does not cover accidental damage. But parts and labor up until how long?

What if I bought it used? How will they know how long the ipad has been owned?

Thank you...

2. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

Accidental damage is not covered. Manufacturer issues are under warranty for one-year, upgradeable to two with AppleCare. All tracking is done by the iPad's serial number to see when it was bought and all that.

3. btbrossard macrumors 6502a

You can check the warranty status on Apple's products online here:

https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

The parts and labor warranty is 1 year original purchase. Phone support is 90 days from original purchase.

Your best bet for warranty service though Apple is the Genius Bar at the store if one is near you.

And, of course, even though accidental damage isn't covered, Apple has been known to replace or repair damage if they feel inclined.