What exactly is omnioutliner used for?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Kalixa, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Kalixa macrumors member

Since omnioutliner was included with my mac, I thought that I might as well try and start using it. The thing is, I am not sure what it does, and how I am suppose to use it. Can someone please tell me what this application does, and what I should use it for?

2. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

Use OmniOutliner to draft to-do lists, create agendas, manage tasks, track expenses, take notes, plan events, write screenplays...and just about anything else you can think of.

3. 66217 Guest

I sometimes use it to write stories, it is very helpful to manage chapters and comments.

Try reading some tutorial to learn some of its features, chances are you are not going to use it a lot, but when you do need it, it comes very helpful.

4. j26 macrumors 65832

j26

It's pretty handy for taking notes in class as you can expand or collapse branches at will. That means that you can collapse lower branches to produce edited notes for revision, or expand them all for a full set. Also if you're taking notes from different sources on a topic, it's easy to put them together.
    You can also export it to a tab delimited text file for import into mind mapping software.

Lastly, it is handy for to do lists ;)