What exactly is on the Livetype content discs on FCS2?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by budha, Sep 15, 2009.

1. budha macrumors member

I know there is over 10 gigs of stuff on those discs, and I was wondering if all of it is only accessible in Livetype. I know motion has access to the "live fonts" but would I use that stuff anywhere else?

I am about to do a clean install of my mac and I am just wondering if I really need to load that stuff (I never use livetype).

I appreciate the help.

2. anthemus macrumors regular

anthemus

I know its probable to late but for others. There are templates and other transitions for fonts. The templates are pretty basic, mostly the transitions to bring fonts on and off the screen are the most useful. Personally I prefer to stay away from the templates. I actually see LiveType and Motion templates being used in local tv commercials. Looks kind of tacky.

3. huntercr macrumors 65816

It also includes 2Gb or so of animations and textures.

I know what you mean about local commercials... but honestly, hasn't it always been that way? I mean how many hundreds of times in the early 90's did you see the rolling ball transition or basketball silhouette transition from Video Toaster?

I don't think it looks tacky per se.. just usually people who use defaults have bad taste too :)

I'm much more disgusted when I see people who use unsafe broadcast colors, or awful audio levels. :)