What exactly is Quicksilver?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nickster9224, Nov 9, 2007.

1. nickster9224 macrumors 6502a

nickster9224

could someone please explain what it does. i dont quite understand.

2. bob5820 macrumors 6502a

bob5820

At its most basic it is an app launcher. Instead of launching lets say iTunes by clicking on the doc or opening your apps folder you would simply type in a short cut such as 'it'. For those that are more keyboard centric the mouse centric this can be quite a time saver. I began by saying "at its most basic", and the true power of QuickSilver or Launchbar (which I prefer) is that you can extend this power of simply launching an app. For instance you can select some text and in a very few keystrokes open Mail and send that text to someone in your address book. This only scratches the surface of what QS can do, and I'll leave an explanation of "all that it can do" to some one who has truly mastered it.

3. whirlpool macrumors member

noob question, but what's the default keyboard combo to bring up quicksilver?

4. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

Control + Spacebar

5. vohdoun macrumors 65816

vohdoun

I think it is cmd + space. I've had mine on ctrl + space, as if I remember correctly cmd + space also brights up spotlight.

6. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

I use cmd+ Q since i never use it to shut app's

7. iMacBook macrumors 6502a

iMacBook

I use cmd+x.

Easy because then you only have to move to the d and f keys. Your other fingers are already on a and s.