Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gibson88

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2006
United Kingdom
I've done a quick Google and all i can find out is it's something to do with 3rd party apps.

Could someone explain it in abit more detail and what we should see at March 6th event?

Retired
May 16, 2006
Apple will detail what restrictions/options there will be to developers wanting to make applications with the Software Development Kit for the iPod touch and iPhone.

FunkyJunk

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2007
Leesburg, VA, USA
I've done a quick Google and all i can find out is it's something to do with 3rd party apps.

Could someone explain it in abit more detail and what we should see at March 6th event?

SDK=Software Development Kit

It's a set of software tools and code to enable programmers to write native applications for the iPhone. The significance is that it could allow a lot of really cool and/or useful third-party applications to be written and distributed for it, giving current and future owners a lot more value for their money.

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
Odds on Skype getting a digital signature?

I don't see how Apple could say no.

I don't see The Death Star in New Jersey saying yes.

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
The SDK (software development kit) will be a guide as to what can and cannot be used when programming for the iPhone. It will also include a compilier for the approved languages (C, C++, JAVA, etc) and will probabily include tools to deal with the screen size, multiple pages.

TEG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.