Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What extra features do you like with the New Macbook -Release Tommorrow- Oct 15th 200

• Total voters

riz78612

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
http://www.apple.com/uk/macbook/

These new features on the MacBook, you can get today at $1299 (lower than the $1999 for the MacBook Pro). There are going to be two models. 13.3-inch LED backlit display, 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 3MB L2 Cache, 2GB 1066MHz DDR3 memory, 9400M GeForce, 160GB hard drive and SuperDrive.

Second model, $1599, adds 2.4GHz processor, 250GB hard drive and a backlit keyboard.

To be clear, these two models are going to be on top of the white plastic MacBook which comes at $999.

The MacBooks ship today to hit stores tomorrow.

It starts with a solid “block” of aluminum, and outputs long strips which then get cut and carved into the MacBooks.

The glass display goes up “right to the edge of the product.” Advantages of the LED backlight is that it’s on instantly, it’s 30% more efficient and the colors are brighter (higher intensity).

riz78612

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
Please do add some comments etc.

My other threads in Macbook Air and Macbook Pro- are buzzing with replies.

Seems odd hardly anyone in the Macbook section replied.

Maybe the way i put the quesiton.

Jpoon

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2008
The only thing we were really "wowed" with was the re-design *for some*.
Hardware internals remained relatively unchanged.
SSD's are still too expensive
DDR3 is a marginal costly upgrade

For instance, most of the MacBook users really didn't give a hoot about the graphics. It's nice that they aren't ****** Intel chips anymore, but it really wasn't enough to "wow" us.

And we got screwed over by the non inclusion of FireWire. Most people don't use it, but why shouldn't we have it on a notebook that's already premium priced. I guess that doesn't help keeping the case sturdy from an engineering standpoint, but people want more ports when the PC equivalents are getting them.

Anyways, I can b*tch and moan all I want, but I'm still never going to get exactly what I want, like everyone else.

mike...

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2008
I'm really psyched up about the Blu-r... Oh, wait. The HDM... no. The new aggressive price... oh, that didn't happen either.

dougnewman

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2006
Long Island, NY, USA
If I were buying a new MacBook (which I'm not because it doesn't have FireWire and old-gen MBP prices are so low) I would be very happy about the aluminum case.

The plastic case on the old MacBooks was, frankly, below any acceptable standard. All the cracking and staining issues... Just not acceptable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.