What 'extras' are you buying tomorrow?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Kadin, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

Digital AV adapter, Smart Cover, some other case, Apple Care...?

I'm only really after the Smart Cover... but the adapter might be hard to pass on.

2. Fisticuffs2065 macrumors member

Adapter, dock, Smart Cover.

3. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8C148)

Hope the belkin slim case (clone of apples first iPad case) is some how magically available at bestbuy tomorrow. Will buy screen protector if available since I am OCD with my costly gadgets.

4. jason1790 macrumors member

Nothing. I already bought a netbook/iPad 1 soft case. I don't think I will be getting the smart cover. $40 seems too much for something that doesn't cover the back and could potentially scratch the sides.

5. Justin Luck macrumors regular

Already bought and received a Targus case, dock extender for a speaker dock, and a Griffin A-frame stand.

6. ovrlrd macrumors 65816

ovrlrd

I am only getting the iPad dock. I hated the first gen dock, but this time they were smart enough to add a "lip" to the dock so that it will slide into the dock much better.

The Smart Cover doesn't interest me. I almost thought about getting one, but ultimately it's just not worth it since all it does is protect the screen. When I travel the iPad will be in a sleeve case.

7. MallCop macrumors 6502

Decided on the black leather smart cover, dock, and hdmi port cable.

8. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

9. runtohell121 macrumors 6502

Smart Cover and possibly a Screen Protector if they have any.

10. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    none.

It's funny how Apple can proclaim a $500 entry price, but most people will probably go for the 32gb ($600) then they can easily go away with adding a dock ($30), leather smart cover ($69), adapter ($39), keyboard dock ($69), oh and then of course add some applecare ($79). Then when you add tax you end up spending nearly $1,000!

I'm just gonna get my $500 iPad and then later if I realize I need some other accessory I will consider it.

11. peaceActivist macrumors regular

peaceActivist

I'm on the fence about the smart cover...something about magnets and brushed aluminum doesn't sit well with me.

my basic plan is get a zagg protector all around it and THEN get a smart cover down the road if its necessary, i'm kinda digging those dodocases though. I like the fact that I can walk around like Penny from Inspector Gadget with a bookputer.

12. WeemanWise macrumors 6502

WeemanWise

Black Leather Smart Cover, Camera Connection Kit, and 10 watt power adapter

13. hefeglass macrumors 6502a

black pad, green smart cover, hdmi dongle

hoping my current ipad dock will suffice...although i never really used it anyways..so i guess it probably doesnt matter

14. Kadin thread starter macrumors 6502a

Kadin

Completely forgot about the dock... I passed on the first one. Maybe that instead of the cover... I hate how indecisive I can be sometimes, lol.

15. Apple Expert macrumors 65816

One of everything. Like Steve said you can have them for all different types of occasions. :D

16. Nighthawk70 macrumors newbie

17. fishcube, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2011

fishcube macrumors 6502

Pink smart cover & dock, trying to decide on the keyboard.

Already bought:
    Belkin Charge 2.1 + charger/sync
    Iskin summit bag - Marine blue (have purple one for sale)

Arriving tomorrow:
    Pink Stylus

Future purchase:
    Belkin ViewLounge
    2nd dock

18. ajvizzgamer101 macrumors 65816

I order Best Skins Ever, last accessory I bought from Apple was the Bumper. Bumper was the worst piece of crap I have ever used, glad they gave me my money back so I am not buying into the Smart Cover until I get more input.

19. icecrystal23 macrumors 6502

Green smart cover, HDMI adapter, hopefully some kind of protection for the back, but I doubt anything will be available in terms of skins / protectors.

20. iAAPL macrumors regular

iAAPL

In addition to a Tan leather SmartCover, I might get a Zagg full body if BB has them tomorrow. After seeing the iPad + SmartCover in use, I really don't think I can go back to using a thick case on my iPad.

21. Cutwolf macrumors 6502

Nada. Will get them down the road when I can get em tax free.

22. PurdueGuy macrumors regular

Apple can certainly claim a $500 entry price, because that's exactly what it is. A $500 entry price, your post just proved that.

It's the same with car manufacturers saying "from $14,995." Add options, and the price goes up.

I don't see how or why you are complaining here.

23. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

Definitely the HDMI dongle, but that might be the only thing. The smart covers are interesting, but for those prices, it needs to cover not just the front.

24. jdminpdx macrumors 6502

None for me. HDMI is nice but I will probably wait on it. The Smart Covers are nice looking but I think they are overpriced for what it is.

I plan on invisible shield and Belkin Clear Vue once it releases.

25. Davichi macrumors 6502

Agreed. If you buy a phone, you buy a case, bluetooth, case and car charger blah blah blah. The cost adds up. The same thing applies here.

don't listen to this guy. This guy is the one who is looking and hoping to pick up smart case for like 15 dollars on craig list some day. Never gonna happen. Don't complain here.