What Extras for New iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by bielen, Dec 16, 2012.

1. bielen macrumors regular

In addition to your new iMac, what extras are you purchasing? I've already purchased a 32GB RAM upgrade and the CyberPower UPS.

I'm thinking about either the Apple Super Drive or La Cie Blu-Ray SlimDrive, AppleCare, La Cie Rugged External SSD and some external speakers.

2. ste0803 macrumors newbie

I'm thinking of getting the rugged LaCie SSD Thunderbolt drive.

Kinda wished i hadnt ordered the fusion drive and saved the cash to get the LaCie instead, there is no way im cancelling my order now to save a little bit of money.

Also looking at an optical drive solution, it wouldnt get that much use but it would mean i could use it with my other machines as well which would allow me to use the optical bay for extra storage in my other computers.

Ste0803

3. Scrapula macrumors 6502

I bought a LaCie USB 3.0 Porsche Design 2TB external drive. I went with this because my old Mac doesn't have Thunderbolt and the new Mac doesn't have Firewire. I've been using it on my old Mac Mini in the meantime.

I also bought an ASUS CD/DVD writer, also USB 3.0. The 7-port hub I bought is USB 2.0 to support all my USB 2.0 accessories. It is a Tripp Lite powered hub and will charge my iDevices and my Suunto Ambit watch/heart monitor.

4. KaraH macrumors 6502

5. maehara macrumors regular

Will get extra RAM once Crucial UK have it back in stock. Also picked up an Asus USB3 Bluray drive. That'll be all I need until my current external HD (a 3TB USB3 LaCie) fills up...