Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fania123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 29, 2015
image.jpeg

batristain

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2014
Richmond,VA
Yes if you have two carrot complications on a single watch face the second complication gives you real time windspeed and direction - looks nice on the utility face too with the weather on the bottom and wind direction in a top corner. It's very useful this time of year for me. We get crazy storms during the changing of seasons in Virginia. The carrot complications are my fave so far. I also have Dark Sky but I like the icons Carrot displays on the mod face. I think you have the pay an additional 1.99 for the real time updates on the watch face but I'm a weather geek so it was a no brainers.

So to answer your question - you can't have the wind direction only - it shows up as the second complication for Carrot.

Cheers,
B

BlueMoon63

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2015
Yes if you have two carrot complications on a single watch face the second complication gives you real time windspeed and direction - looks nice on the utility face too with the weather on the bottom and wind direction in a top corner. It's very useful this time of year for me. We get crazy storms during the changing of seasons in Virginia. The carrot complications are my fave so far. I also have Dark Sky but I like the icons Carrot displays on the mod face. I think you have the pay an additional 1.99 for the real time updates on the watch face but I'm a weather geek so it was a no brainers.

So to answer your question - you can't have the wind direction only - it shows up as the second complication for Carrot.

Cheers,
B
I have Dark Sky and it isn't as informative on the complications as I would have expected and if you add a second complication, you get the temperature again. I'm also a weather geek - especially the winter as we get a ton of snow and it is good to know. May have to fork over some money for carrot. :)

batristain

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2014
Richmond,VA
Yeah I like Carrot for weather - I find it to be the most accurate. I have a lot of weather apps - also got weather nerd but I really tend to stick to Carrot - can't beat her snark. I have Carrot for my macs too - I find it updates faster than Clear Day (the weather app i was using on my macs). I don't think you will regret spending some money for Carrot if you are a weather geek.

Bram.96

macrumors regular
May 20, 2015
Netherlands
Milanese loop with chronograph watchface. Hoping to recieve my red sport band very soon so I can switch it up a bit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.