What feature are you most looking forward to?

Your favourite/most awaited for features?

• Total voters

virginblue4

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
For people who don't have access to the beta, what feature are you most looking forward to?

For people who do have access to the beta, which feature is your favourite?

Mine, in order:

1. Apple maps - very excited about flyover and turn by turn!

2. Enhanced Siri - use Siri a lot already, also looking forward to it on my iPad and having local search available in other countries apart from just the US.

3. Passbook

4. FaceTime over cellular

5. Facebook integration

6. Enhancements to mail

7. Enhancements to safari - e.g full screen mode on iPhone and iCloud tabs.

8. Enhancements to phone app

9. Shared photostreams

HishamAkhtar

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2011
A refreshed phone.

Special mention for Do not disturb as well! With all the hype about Siri and Passbook, I feel like I'll end up using DND the most.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
iCloud tabs, adding photos in mail messages, and using any song as an alarm (seriously, it was about time for that). Don't really care about anything else. Passbook might be neat if the new iPhone has NFC (I don't think it will.)

Jamesesesesess

macrumors 6502a
Nov 26, 2011
I don't know... Maps and Passbook I suppose? It's kinda disappointing how few new features we're actually getting.

Menel

macrumors 603
Aug 4, 2011
Nothing the OP listed. only:

Secured, private info.
1 No longer obfuscated between location and photo access.
2 Some apps in iOs6b are triggering access to contacts prompt that have no business, and obviously iOs5 users dont get this prompt/protection.

Nevzorus

macrumors 6502
Feb 29, 2012
1. The new maps on my iPad

2. Siri on my iPad

3. Do Not Disturb

4. Uploading pictures directly in Safari

5. Fullscreen on my iPhone

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
Honestly, nothing on the list you provided screams out to me. They are welcome features but I can't say that I'm excited about any of them.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
I'm looking forward to this time next year.

By then iOS 6.x.x should be a proven upgrade & I'll know whether it's worth migrating too. I don't see anything compelling at this time.

iOS 5 is serving my needs just fine at the present. I have no desire to "upgrade" just because most everyone else is.

TallManNY

macrumors 601
Nov 5, 2007
I've got a feeling my phone will get set on Do Not Disturb mode with a few friends and family on the accept list and it will never leave DND. Everyone else leaves a message. Most friends text first anyway, but this will weed out all of the telemarketers and random folks who call.

PJ.

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2011
For people who don't have access to the beta, what feature are you most looking forward to?

For people who do have access to the beta, which feature is your favourite?

Mine, in order:

1. Apple maps - very excited about flyover and turn by turn!

2. Enhanced Siri - use Siri a lot already, also looking forward to it on my iPad and having local search available in other countries apart from just the US.

3. Passbook

4. FaceTime over cellular

5. Facebook integration

6. Enhancements to mail

7. Enhancements to safari - e.g full screen mode on iPhone and iCloud tabs.

8. Enhancements to phone app

9. Shared photostreams
What are they doing to the email app please? I would love folders. You would think that would be easy to fix (I know you can if you use cloud)

Thanks,

PJ

Saberon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
Email app=Pull down to refresh instead of that reload button

I'm looking forward to Do Not Disturb, I only used Maps for street view and am sad to see that go. Other than that iOS 6 is pretty much useless to me. =(

Fatboy71

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2010
UK
,I only used Maps for street view and am sad to see that go =(
I expect Google will release an iOS version of their Maps app, they are doing this with the You Tube app so I can't see why it won't happen with Maps.

It will be interesting to see if once the present Maps app is removed, if we will be able to access Google maps via Safari and in doing that Street View?

I have iSwifter and I can access Street View on that, but it's a bit slow, but i suppose it's better than no access to Street View.

8a22a

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
Yorkshire, UK
I expect Google will release an iOS version of their Maps app, they are doing this with the You Tube app so I can't see why it won't happen with Maps.
Google are currently attempting to block all iPhones being importing to the US, so Apple will properly ban all Google apps from Appstore and rightly so.

NumberNine

macrumors regular
May 12, 2011
1. Widgets
2. Having something other than Safari as the default browser to open links
3. Not being stuck with Yahoo weather in the drop down notification bar

oh wait, none of that is happening

Cricketman

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2008
Maps by far! I use the GPS a lot while driving and it is simply not safe sometimes to keep clicking through the screen. Turn by turn is gonna be sah-weet :D.

I'm still crossing my fingers for a killer 'One more thing' on the new iPhone!