What features do you want for the next iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Apple..., Jun 14, 2010.

?

What do you want in the next iPhone?

1. Larger Screen

18 vote(s)
    26.9%
  2. OLED Screen Type

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
  3. Dedicated Camera Shutter button (+ or - controls)

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  4. LED Notification Light

24 vote(s)
    35.8%
  5. Larger Battery

13 vote(s)
    19.4%
  6. Other (please list in comments)

9 vote(s)
    13.4%
  1. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

2. Apple... thread starter macrumors 68020

Apple...

I'm going with the LED Notification light. It would serve multiple purposes: notification light, flash for front facing camera, flashlight, etc.

3. Donz0r macrumors 6502a

Lol! This poll really shows how much the iPhone 4 delivers on! Those are the lamest poll choices - a year ago it would have had a bunch of options - higher res dislpay, front facing cam, 5mp/HD cam, multitasking, larger battery, new design, etc. But the iPhone 4 has REALLY delivered on stuff that we've wanted for a long time, and the lameness of these poll options really shows that :D

4. Monk Edsel macrumors regular

Hmmm, I'm not pining for any of those things, they sound like a recipe for an Android phone! I'd rather have a camera with optical zoom and iPad tethering.

5. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Two hardware changes would make me upgrade next year.

1. Larger screen
    2. LED notification light

6. Apple... thread starter macrumors 68020

Apple...

Sorry, but there's always room for improvement. If my choices are so lame (some probably are), what would you have put?

Didn't try to make it sound too Androidish... I'll leave it to Ive, Mansfield and the rest of the team to make the next iPhone. Sorry.

7. mrblack927 macrumors 6502a

mrblack927

Agreed. I'm very pleased with this year's iPhone revision. I'm sure I will be even happier with it when I see it in person:D.

8. Apple... thread starter macrumors 68020

Apple...

Anyone else want to comment? This thread isn't very popular... it seems I failed. :(

9. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

I don't think you have failed at all, because a few months ago Apple probably started thinking the same things as development of iPhone 4 wrapped up — what can we do in the next release. What software improvements can we make, what hardware improvements can we make…?

It is not very convenient to go without your phone because there is a fault with the battery or the battery needs replacing.

So Apple could improve this area is some way (either with an Apple “courtesy phone” — like when a car goes in for service) or by making the battery user serviceable.

Battery life is good, but it would be nice to see it approaching dumb phone standards — although that is probably a little too much to wish for considering the current battery life technology.

Most of the improvements I envision coming will be in the software for the next release. I think Apple needs to work out their cloud + sync strategy.

10. Apple... thread starter macrumors 68020

Apple...

Agreed. ;)

I was going more hardware wise... but with software, I'd like to see widgets, a better push notification system, cloud + sync, etc., etc. The list goes on and on.

11. Apple... thread starter macrumors 68020

Apple...

12. nfl46 macrumors 604

13. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

I want the ability for these stupid topics to disappear. THE PHPONE ISNT EVEN OUT YET!

14. Razeus macrumors 603

Watching my phone evolve since the Original Model was been wonderful. It's like watching your child grow up over the years. And now I feel, that over 4 years, the iPhone has matured into the smartphone I've always wanted. All of the features are now there (all the ones that Anti-iPhone people say "my phone has been doing that and my phone has had that for years; NOTE: they must have been severly hard to use then). It's got everything I could want from a smartphone. EVERYTHING. But since you're asking in a poll, then perhaps they can squeeze and extra 1/2 inch of screen real estate. That's all I can think of. iPhone 4 is that good.

15. Apple... thread starter macrumors 68020

Apple...

I should send this to Steve Jobs. In fact, all the polls regarding features the customer wants in a product should be sent to him. I think it would be more convincing than having one person give their own personal opinion. :apple:

16. Apple... thread starter macrumors 68020

Apple...

+1. Best quote of the day. Thanks. :)

17. appleguy123 macrumors 604

appleguy123

Do any of you think that there will be a jailbroken app that lets the Flash work as an LED notification light?

18. Tones2 macrumors 65816

64GB is TOPS. Nothing else is as important.

But I'll list all:
    - 64GB of capacity
    - Micro-SD slot (for even MORE capacity :) )
    - Larger screen (4.3" would be nice, and give more internal component room)
    - More RAM - at lease 512MB
    - Faster multi-core processor
    - Hardware Gaming controls like the PSP
    - LED notifications
    - Tabbed Application screens (the folder thing is limited and awkward)
    - Optical camera zoom (this one is probably hard)

That's it! :)

Tony

19. Razeus macrumors 603

You're welcome. I can easily see myself using the iPhone 4 for quite awhile and not even worry about iPhone 5and probably not 6. I went from Orginal > 3GS (for the 3G and speed) > iPhone 4. I can go the full 2 years contract with AT&T and not even worry about iPhone 5 specs.

20. Apple... thread starter macrumors 68020

Apple...

I don't think Steve would consider a Micro-SD, 4.3" screen, or physical gaming controls. It's anti-Apple. A 4.3" screen would be too big for most people anyway, and if you need physical gaming controls, create your own case.

21. pika2000 macrumors 68040

-penta-band HSDPA with support for at least 850, 1700, and 2100 bands.
    -For Apple to man up and sell iPhones unlocked out of the box straight to consumers in the US

Heck, I would be happy if the iPhone itself is still the 3GS, but with those 2 things added.

22. definitive macrumors 68000

definitive

hopefully some kind of an auto-bricking mechanism that would render the phone useless if it was purchased by a hipster or an apple fanboy who'd want to go parade it at the local starbucks (for those aware of the previously posted thread).

23. Bisz macrumors regular

There is not much I can ask for that the 4 doesn't deliver on. I won't go so far as to say that the poll options are lame :D but they are, in my opinion, C and D rank items. The only thing would be a microSD slot so we don't have to over pay for memory, but thats not going to happen.

24. Apple... thread starter macrumors 68020

Apple...

Nope, it's not, but I really don't care. I wish they would've released a 64GB model though... :(