What features need to be in iOS 6 to unjailbreak?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by cclloyd, Jun 11, 2012.

1. cclloyd macrumors 68000

cclloyd

So, for you, what features need to be added in iOS 6 for you to go back to stock?

For me, there is a generally small essential list.
    -Quick way to turn on/off things like wifi, airplane, vibrate etc (NCSettings)
    -f.lux (Just very appealing to the eye. Should be there even with the low level access it needs)
    -Infinifolders-like implementation (able to put unlimited things in folders)
    -Some security like iCaughtU Pro
    -Lock orientation in landscape
    -Unlimited tabs in safari

-And while I realize this will never be implemented, Tethering without a plan (TetherMe)

What are the things that absolutely have to be there for you to go to stock for iOS 6?

2. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

• Contact pictures displayed in contact list
    • Contact pictures displayed in messages list
    • QuickReply to text messages, à la BiteSMS
    • Notification icons in taskbar for text messages and missed calls
    Simple enough for me. I was disappointed those weren't in iOS 4, disappointed last year with iOS 5, and still disappointed this year.

3. jesuispizza macrumors regular

I love jailbreaking for the looks as much as the tweaks. The stock iOS is ugly and boring and they need to make it more customizable for me to ever consider going back.

4. cclloyd thread starter macrumors 68000

cclloyd

If you mean winterboard, I'll admit, I love my theme, but I would much rather be on stock iOS if I could. The default isn't ugly, but it could be better. A main thing I like is I can change app icons that I think look ugly to custom ones that I like more.

5. yegon macrumors 68020

Similar stuff to the OP, NCSettings, f.lux. Couldn't live without Zephyr and Switchy now either. Plus, I increasingly find Fullscreen Safari and Swipeselection utterly essential.

Couldn't give a monkeys about tweaking the way it looks tbh.

Maps aside, ios6 doesn't interest me in the least, but it'll be forced upon me as I'm deffo getting the next iPhone (iPhone 4 here).

6. Kayan macrumors 6502

After seeing the features of iOS6, I'll still JB, although there is less and less reason for me to JB. The main reasons are:
    1-TetherMe
    2-Activator/SBS
    3-BiteSMS
    4-Fakeclockup

7. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

My needs are slowly fading, but there will always be some I can see Apple never succumbing to, being theming.

I want quick reply, quick toggles probably the most!

8. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

My Apple Wish List

This is what it would take me to stop making roboPhone into myPhone!!! Add Gridlock, iFile, MultiCleaner and My3G to the list below. We ALL know this will never happen so I will be jailbreaking as long as there is an iPhone.:D

Attached Files:

9. dgstan macrumors 6502a

I cannot understand why I cannot completely turn off Spotlight Search? I understand that many people like it and use it regularly. I don't. I have one neatly arranged screen, not multiple pages of apps spread out. I don't want to have Springboard go to another page if I inadvertently press the "Home" button.

So, yeah. I need NoSpot.

10. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Disabled via Springtomize 2 for me (used to use NoSpot). Honestly, Springtomize offers most of the customization/personalization that I would want (I would still want other useful items like iFile and SBSettings/NCSettings, etc., though).

11. Ayemerica macrumors demi-god

Ayemerica

I'll always jailbreak for 5 icon dock, infinifolders, and bitesms. Unless those are met i'll always jailbreak.

12. labman macrumors 604

labman

Never Happen Apple will never put everything in I JB for most important is my freedom of choice. :D

13. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

14. cclloyd thread starter macrumors 68000

cclloyd

Let's face it. Apple should just allow Cydia on the appstore, with a million "I agree" buttons to various things, and put in the ToS that they aren't responsible for anything on Cydia.

15. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

All sounds customizable. I love the iPhone but why are almost all the stock sounds so God awful?

16. daooof macrumors regular

Swipeselection. i had it on my iPad and productivity went through the roof. Much faster typing. I unjailbroke for awhile and then every single minute noticed the absence of it. Apple's method of placing the cursor is the most cumbersome thing ever.