iPad mini What firmware version comes with brand new iPad mini ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by digzz, Apr 29, 2013.

1. digzz macrumors newbie

If I was to buy a brand new iPad mini what firmware version would be pre installed ?

2. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

It all depends on what Apple store has in stock. It could be from 6.0.1 to 6.1.3.

I bought a Verizon iPad mini not too long ago, the first one had 6.1.2 but I went to exchange it because it came scratched out of the box. The exchanged one came with 6.0.1, and surprisingly I checked online and mine was built in December when I got it a week ago, but I upgraded it to 6.1.3 (I like to have all my device up-to-date) because I'm not a fan of Jailbreak.

On the box, it does have a serial number listed and you can visit this site http://www.chipmunk.nl/klantenservice/applemodel.html and type in the serial number. It should then tell you when it was built. I suppose you could do this at the apple store but I'd say risky because salesperson may look at you weird.

3. digzz thread starter macrumors newbie

Machine Model: iPad2,5
    Family name: A1432
    Model Number: MD529
    Group1: iPadMini
    Group2: WiFi
    Generation: 1
    CPU speed: 1.0GHz
    Screen size: 7.9 inch
    Screen resolution: 1024x768 pixels
    Colour: Black
    Production year: 2013
    Production week: 9 (March)
    Model introduced: 2012

Does this mean it was made on the 9th of March ?

4. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Well It's correct that it was Built in March but since week 9 is from February 25 to March 2. Therefore it must been made on the first or the second. Since iOS 6.1.3 was released around Mid-late March. I'm pretty sure it has 6.1.2 installed.

5. digzz thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for an answer.

6. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

According to this site the mini I just purchased but haven't opened yet has a February 2013 date. I guess I'm good to go