What Flat rate box will 13" MBP Box fit in (USPS)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Gator24765, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Gator24765 macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

Help me out here real quick, will a 13" MAcbook Pro box fit inside a Medium Flat Rate Box from USPS.

The dimensions are 13 5/8" x 11 7/8" x 3 3/8

I know when I purchased my MBP a few years ago it came in a flat rate box but not sure if the sizes have changed

Anyone put a 13" MBP box inside a flat rate box?

Thanks

2. zachnelson macrumors 6502a

Completely off-topic and no help to you at all except a bump, however:

Every time I reload my order status page I say "If it fits.." and when it does ship I am going to loudly exclaim "IT SHIPS! for a low flat rate!"

LOL, I am tired.

3. Gator24765 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

4. trlyka macrumors 6502a

trlyka

Is this a gift? I mean if you're just sending the laptop and nothing else, then it looks like it will fit. Don't forget padding and it should be marked as fragile too. If you're sending the box the laptop came in, then I don't think that will work.

http://support.apple.com/kb/SP619?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

5. Gator24765 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

Well I sold a damaged Laptop on ebay (water damage). I am shipping it in the original box.

I wanted to print up some postage online at home but have no clue what box to put it in.

Maybe I will just buy the large flat rate box and if it fits better in a medium.. screw it, free money for usps lol

6. trlyka macrumors 6502a

trlyka

UPS might be cheaper then even a flat rate USPS box. Plus it's easier to track.

7. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

By original box do you mean the white box or the brown shipping box? If the latter you don't need another box. If the former you still need at least 2" of cushion b/t the white box & shipping box. Personally I would not ship even a dead computer via USPS. Their tracking is 20th cent. & good luck getting an insurance reimbursement if lost. They'll red tape you until you cry uncle & walk away.

8. trlyka macrumors 6502a

trlyka

I agree. USPS has the WORST tracking system. And their flat rate boxes aren't that cheap. Unless you're shipping bricks or something :rolleyes:

I would treat the laptop how I would want to receive it. So using UPS shows you care :)