Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DSF

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2013
Roboto, nice and clean.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
I hate to be that guy, but I'm dying to know, does anyone know what font this is? I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone knew. I would be forever in your debt. TIA!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 727

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
That looks pretty cool I'll post it on reddit it too to see if anyone knows it there.

So funny you say that. I found that pic on the flex sub-reddit. I asked the poster what font it was but haven't heard back yet. This was yesterday. Please let me know what you find out. I'm dying to use it. I've been looking for a font just like this forever now. Honestly though I haven't put too much time into searching. I have searched but not too crazy. Thanks bro!

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
That looks pretty cool I'll post it on reddit it too to see if anyone knows it there.

Hey if you're still looking for this font, I think I found it. I looked through a lot of pages in BytaFont and eventually stumbled on this. It's called Lafayette Comic Pro. Its awesome in some places of iOS but not so easy on the eyes in others (I just installed it and haven't seen it in action everywhere yet but when I checked my email I really wasn't pleased lol). I might combine it with another font to make up for these shortcomings.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Hey if you're still looking for this font, I think I found it. I looked through a lot of pages in BytaFont and eventually stumbled on this. It's called Lafayette Comic Pro. Its awesome in some places of iOS but not so easy on the eyes in others (I just installed it and haven't seen it in action everywhere yet but when I checked my email I really wasn't pleased lol). I might combine it with another font to make up for these shortcomings.

Hey thanks for getting back to me. I kinda gave up because I have an HTC One on its way :p

I think I wouldn't mind it if it wasn't all caps. Is there a way of changing that? and how do you plan on using two fonts at the same time?

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Hey thanks for getting back to me. I kinda gave up because I have an HTC One on its way :p

I think I wouldn't mind it if it wasn't all caps. Is there a way of changing that? and how do you plan on using two fonts at the same time?

I am mainly using Coming Soon instead of Lafayette Comic Pro. It's awesome! To use two fonts (or more), just go to the advanced tab and select the areas of iOS where you want the fonts to be used. Coming Soon is sick though. I have Lafayette but only in a couple spots. Mostly using Coming Soon right now.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
I am mainly using Coming Soon instead of Lafayette Comic Pro. It's awesome! To use two fonts (or more), just go to the advanced tab and select the areas of iOS where you want the fonts to be used. Coming Soon is sick though. I have Lafayette but only in a couple spots. Mostly using Coming Soon right now.

Oh that's really cool I didn't know BytaFont could do that. Thanks for the help. I'll check out Coming Soon too.

will90039

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2012
I am using a variation on TH Krub

The TH Krub font on BytaFont was 90% of what I was looking for - something that is clean, tall, compressed, and yet not too thin. However, the numbers in this font are shorter than the capital letters, and there were some other subtle things I didn't like. So I fired up FontCreator and adjusted the font to my satisfaction. The result is a font that is larger than most and yet still fits within expected confines.

If you want to use this font with your copy of Bytafont, simply download it from here: http://sdrv.ms/1b3muTl

Unzip the attachment to the /var/mobile/Library/MyFonts and then select "Tall" from Bytafont. Enjoy!

Attachments

• photo 3.PNG
    photo 3.PNG
    853.3 KB · Views: 73
  • photo 4.PNG
    photo 4.PNG
    299.3 KB · Views: 86
  • photo 1.PNG
    photo 1.PNG
    222.5 KB · Views: 74
  • photo 5.PNG
    photo 5.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 97
Last edited:

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
The TH Krub font on BytaFont was 90% of what I was looking for - something that is clean, tall, compressed, and yet not too thin. However, the numbers in this font are shorter than the capital letters, and there were some other subtle things I didn't like. So I fired up FontCreator and adjusted the font to my satisfaction. The result is a font that is larger than most and yet still fits within expected confines.

If you want to use this font with your copy of Bytafont, simply download it from here: http://sdrv.ms/1b3muTl

Unzip the attachment to the /var/mobile/Library/MyFonts and then select "Tall" from Bytafont. Enjoy!

Sweet! Thanks for sharing!

OT, how did you get circle folders? Just curious. Thanks again!

will90039

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2012
Updated font

I've taken the modified font from the my earlier posting above) and made it taller. I rather like the adjustment! Just take the ZIP file and put it in the same directory listed above.

Attachments

• photo 1.PNG
    photo 1.PNG
    773 KB · Views: 71
  • photo 2.PNG
    photo 2.PNG
    110.5 KB · Views: 83
  • photo 3.PNG
    photo 3.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 69
  • photo 4.PNG
    photo 4.PNG
    365.8 KB · Views: 85
  • Tall2.font.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 113
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.