Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
tfititle.gif

I've even used it before for a party invite but for the life of me cannot remember its name, need it for another job (not for work). It's not Curlz or Rebecca.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Interesting font. Let me have a check in my Suitcase font collection.

edit: nope. but came close with two. WhimsyICG and Brown Cow.
Could it be a custom font?

Attachments

• browncow.png
    browncow.png
    4.5 KB · Views: 800
  • whimsyicg.png
    whimsyicg.png
    5 KB · Views: 784

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
Lacero said:
Could it be a custom font?

Nope, 'cos I've used it before but it was a while ago. Have seen it used elsewhere as well.

What's that site where you can identify typefaces? Somebody here in the office mentioned one where you can upload a scan.

Maybe I should do some Googling....

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Blue Velvet said:
Nope, 'cos I've used it before but it was a while ago. Have seen it used elsewhere as well.

What's that site where you can identify typefaces? Somebody here in the office mentioned one where you can upload a scan.

That site has been mentioned on the board here before in other threads that sought to identify a font. I'll search when I get a chance.

Good luck BV

EDIT: Here's one WhatTheFont

Woof, Woof – Dawg
pawprint.gif

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
Jaffa Cake said:
I always thought it was a version of Remedy – looking at the Emigre webpage though, looks like I'm wrong. Similar, but not quite there...

I thought it was Jokerman at first, but I'm thinking of the 'Cold Feet' typeface.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
iGav said:
So did you find out what it was Blue?

Nope, got sidetracked. Registered on the board you suggested, then had to go to a meeting, then a working lunch, then had to work on something else to get off to press that afternoon... you get the idea.

There's no immediate urgency -- I'll probably post it later today or tomorrow.

But many thanks for the link, iGav. :)

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
BV - No luck on WhatTheFont, I cut out the letters in "friday" in Photoshop, set them to a white background and it still couldn't identify the font. Sorry, I was SURE that was going to find it but I guess not. :(

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
Cheers guys for the recent tips & help. This little project has now gone on the backburner — thought I would dig out this thread when I come to address the issue again just after Xmas.

What is frustrating is knowing I have it somewhere on the Mac at home.
(no, my home font collection is not visually indexed :eek:)

keldof

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2006
tryin to get my hands on WhimsyICG...any have it to give?

need WhimsyICG font....anyone be willing to email it over?

mustard

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2005
NJ
Blue Velvet said:

You could try http://www.typophile.com I have had the best luck with them in the past.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.